Mixing different brand monomer and polymer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcb85

Reaction score
I have been a silly billy and need some advice please.

I have allowed myself to run out of my EzFlow powder for acrylics. I have another brand of ploymer I could use with the EzFlow monomer. Do you think this will cause a problem or will it be okay a very short time until my new monomer comes through in the next couple of days

Do NOT mix brands.

Products are designed to work together so when you mix brands the ingredients will be different and could react in a totally wrong way and cause alergic reactions that could affect you or a clinet for life.

You have no idea what might happen by using different brand products together.

Either get yourself off to the supplier or ring and postpone your clients until your products arrive.

Agree with Baggybear entirely. Have you asked your supplier how quickly they can get it too you, an emergency order.
I'm sure your clients will be understanding if it's a one off. I usually order my replacement products way before I run out, so there are no slip ups, but then I'm quite anal about these things.:o

this would be asking for trouble IMO. defer your booked in clients untill you have your supplies.

When the bottle is half empty then it's time to re-order ... This goes for everything! You simply cannot afford to get yourself into the position you are in!

We make more than enough money doing nails (after all, our product costs are about 13% of service cost) ! There is no excuse to run out of anything ever.

Products that are formulated to work synergistically should never be mixed with products that are not part of the system.

I know! I'm usually always stocked but I've not thought ahead this once!
My polymer will arrive Monday or Tuesday and I only have one acrylic set to do in Saturday. An thinking I will buy some L&P from sallys just to for this set and as back up in case it happens again ;(

I know! I'm usually always stocked but I've not thought ahead this once!
My polymer will arrive Monday or Tuesday and I only have one acrylic set to do in Saturday. An thinking I will buy some L&P from sallys just to for this set and as back up in case it happens again ;(
I wouldn't buy a cheaper brand just for 1 client. You don't know if you will be able to work with it and you definatley can't say if that set will last 2 weeks. Do you expect to do a decent set the very first time you sit down to use it as the mix ratio will most likely be different to what your used to and this in itself could cause big problems.

I just want to make a comment but I know the OP will have resolved her problem. Currently we use NSI at college bit they are currently mixing products such as NSI polymer but using different cheaper brand monomer and a different sanitizer and not NSI cleanse. Would the different monomer cause a slight change in how the product works? I guess it would by some of the reactions previously. The little things like that do bug me. Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I just want to make a comment but I know the OP will have resolved her problem. Currently we use NSI at college bit they are currently mixing products such as NSI polymer but using different cheaper brand monomer and a different sanitizer and not NSI cleanse. Would the different monomer cause a slight change in how the product works? I guess it would by some of the reactions previously. The little things like that do bug me. Thanks

It is a very bad idea and can in fact cause contact dermatitis. The L&P could not cure properly and the monomer that has not been cured can soak in to the nail bed (so says my milady text book).

It is a very bad idea and can in fact cause contact dermatitis. The L&P could not cure properly and the monomer that has not been cured can soak in to the nail bed (so says my milady text book).

Hi Mellisa82

Thanks for your reply :biggrin:

Can you clarify on l&p curing? Curing I believe is only for gel where you put it under a UV lamp.

We may have our wires crossed

Thanks

I can assure you this is not good practice and SHAME on this college for advocating this backyard style of working.
Clearly they do not have any clue about how all this works.
I would contact NSI HQ and advise them that what your college is doing and request someone look into it to have it fixed.
Gee, this type of thing riles me up.
NSI is a great system and it's this type of practice that gives a brand a bad name.

Cure of a polymer is referring to polymerization , acrylic (L&p systems cure as do uv gels and just with difrent catalysts . http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curing_(chemistry)

Thanks Mizzy Dizzy. I should have known but didn't. Every day is a school day!!

Wooshka I should have known really. I went to this college last year but did beauty level 2. I thought great NSI but when I came back from half term, there was something I had never seen before, a different monomer. I don't know what to say and I nearly always have learnt the hard way and am doing again. However I do have all the NSI products at home so use that.

I may have to have a word with college. X

Latest posts

Back