Mixing Matrix question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikeyfaerie

Reaction score
Sorry if this seems like a really obvious thing to be asking.

When you have a tube of, say, 5rv but you really need 7rv will mixing the 5rv with 9N give you a 7rv or will the N neutralise the red and leave you with a weird colour?

Basically, when I used Majirel I could mix any tube with a base to lighten or darken it without considering a change of tone. Is this the same for Matrix or would I have to add in tone that the N would neutralise, if so how do you work out how much to add?

Thanks!

Sorry if this seems like a really obvious thing to be asking.

When you have a tube of, say, 5rv but you really need 7rv will mixing the 5rv with 9N give you a 7rv or will the N neutralise the red and leave you with a weird colour?

Basically, when I used Majirel I could mix any tube with a base to lighten or darken it without considering a change of tone. Is this the same for Matrix or would I have to add in tone that the N would neutralise, if so how do you work out how much to add?

Thanks!

Yes the N is neutral not natural and
Has a grren base. You could try using a mocha (m) ;)

Or use a vr or rr

Cool, cos I don't hold a lot of stock (mobile) I like to know what I can and can't mix together so I don't have to buy tons of tubes!

What quantities would you use to get 7rv?

Use 7r with sr-rv in or 6rv 1/4 7r 3/4

I ment with 5rv and 9n

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

You wouldn't mix those because 9n will kill the RV

Latest posts

Back