Mixing mix tones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selz

Reaction score
I use wella professionals I just wanted to check I want to use colour touch on my client the darkest like 2/0 all over I also want to use mix tone with it to kill the redness that’s on my clients hair to achieve jet black look... which special mix shall I use and how much of it ?

I use wella professionals I just wanted to check I want to use colour touch on my client the darkest like 2/0 all over I also want to use mix tone with it to kill the redness that’s on my clients hair to achieve jet black look... which special mix shall I use and how much of it ?
Could you not use 2/8 colour touch? With depositing colour as dark as a base 2 you shouldn't see any warmth at all anyway.

It won’t come out too bluish will it I just want it to get rid of the redness and make it look her black ?

Also I hardly use special mix tones that’s why I wanted to try out but wasn’t sure which one to use..

It won’t come out too bluish will it I just want it to get rid of the redness and make it look her black ?

Also I hardly use special mix tones that’s why I wanted to try out but wasn’t sure which one to use..
The only cool mix tone in colour touch is /88 so you might as well just go with 2/8. Rather than opening a tube of 2/0 and then adding 0/88 anyway.

The only cool mix tone in colour touch is /88 so you might as well just go with 2/8. Rather than opening a tube of 2/0 and then adding 0/88 anyway.
How red is she? On what base?

92dfd203-dc51-493f-bafc-cbd0e6d312b6.jpg
this is my clients hair it’s been bleached

Okey so I’m going to use wella perfecton to pre pig the hair /44 spray it on evening dry it then shall I use 2/8 colour touch 4% ?
Or shall I just use 2/0 on its own?

Okey so I’m going to use wella perfecton to pre pig the hair /44 spray it on evening dry it then shall I use 2/8 colour touch 4% ?
Or shall I just use 2/0 on its own?
I think you'd be fine to just go with 2/0 it's so dense that you wouldn't see colour shine through it anyway. But for piece of mind if you have it already, you could add a bit of 2/8. I'd also use 1.9%, there's no need for 4% as you're darkening. 4% is for lightening and the vibrant Red shades.

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Latest posts

Back