Mixing Shellac & gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unique.Tips

Reaction score
Was just curious if you could use the gelish colors with the shellac base & top coat. I know they suggest staying with one system but was wandering if this could help increase the color selection of shellac. Thanks

Layering Shellac's original 24 colours will give you a pallette of 100+ new colours.
In no way should you be mixing brands as a Professional unless you want to be known as a "Messer"
Shellac has been made to work as an entire system likewise I don't doubt has Gelish. Do you want to risk overexposure due to incorrectly cured product or chemical incompatability?
It's only your imagination that limits your colour choice with shellac nothing else...

you couldnt call it a Shellac service either as it isnt so how would you promote it hun?kx

Was just a thought and a question. Since we cross systems with polish was just curious. Never tried it. It was just a passing thought I had and was curious if this could be done. Calm down. Lol :)

I have done this and not had any problems at all.:biggrin:

As long as each layer is completely cured there is no reason you can't do this. Of course it wont be a true Shellac service but as long as your client understands that there's not problem......

With UV cured products as long as each layer is cured the products don't 'mix' in the same way as L+P products do so the chances of unexpected reactions are very low......

Latest posts

Back