Mobile Beauty Business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katlou84

Reaction score
Hi there, I know there is quite a lot of threads on this subject which keep coming up so I apologise that this one is simular but any advice would be much appreciated.

First a bit of background, I'm a beauty therapist, been in the industry about 3.5 years now, it was always my intention to go mobile on qualifying but I never did really go about pursuing it. I've even got a pretty good business plan, which I will re write as its circumstances have changed a bit now i.e. I live in a different area, economy etc. I've worked in a typical high street salon, a retail cosmetics chain and most recently a laser clinic. (Yes I've done quite alot in my short time but that's including as a trainee too!) So now I've decided to take the plunge. I know the economy is in a mess but I feel there's never going to be a right time. I'm hoping maybe clients giving up their beauty treatments in salons to save the pennies and pounds might consider using a mobile therapist as they are a bit cheaper due to no overheads! lol

I've done loads of research but there are 3 main things I'm after some advice on;

I need public liability insurance - any companies of recommendation? in terms of value for money, service, what is covered etc

I need products - can anyone recommend a good skincare range, a good tanning range and a good nail range? I live near a wholesaler however they are not the best in terms of value for money, any salon suppliers you could reccomend would be fab i.e. Hive, Salon Serve etc

Lastly as I build up my clientele which I understand is going to take a long time, possibly 2-3 years before I can make a full time living out of it, I'm going to carry on working full time to start with then hopefully drop down to part time but how does this work in the sense that I'm going to be self employed but also employed at the same time???

Sorry for the essay, just wanted to explain everything as fully as possible, I would be extremely grateful for any comments, suggestions or advice, Many thanks xxx

I need public liability insurance - any companies of recommendation? in terms of value for money, service, what is covered etc

The Guild offer £2 million of Public, Product and Treatment Liabilty cover. Guild Membership and insurance costs £85 per year, plus a one off £10 joining fee in the first year. You can find out more about what we offer by clicking here, calling one of our Membership Advisors on 0845 2177 383 or you can PM me.

Latest posts

Back