Mobile beauty therapist and childcare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallysally

Reaction score
Just a quick question for all the Mobile Beauty Therapists who have young babies and children,
What do you do for childcare when you work? I am having a baby in Nov and trying to decide what I will do for childcare when I return.
I will only be working a couple of days a week but just wondered what other Mobile therapists do?
I will have a lot of help from parents etc but don't want to put on them too much but not sure if a child minder or nursery will be too expensive based on what I will be earning??

Suggestions please???? It's my first child too...

I'm still trying to find the solution to this question and my daughter is 7 months old.
I've so far found that nursery's and childminders close at 6.30pm, so they aren't any good if you working mainly evenings. In my area childminders average around £5 an hour and nursery's £8-£15 an hour. I don't have the luxury of my mums help or my in-laws assistance. So I've got to find a baby sitter (averaging around £5-£15 an hour). I do have my partner but due to his work I can't 100% rely on him being home at set times.

What hours are you planning to work? Have you looked into nursery, childminders and baby sitters (fees and hours)? How often do you think your parents would have the baby?

I'm still trying to find the solution to this question and my daughter is 7 months old.
I've so far found that nursery's and childminders close at 6.30pm, so they aren't any good if you working mainly evenings. In my area childminders average around £5 an hour and nursery's £8-£15 an hour. I don't have the luxury of my mums help or my in-laws assistance. So I've got to find a baby sitter (averaging around £5-£15 an hour). I do have my partner but due to his work I can't 100% rely on him being home at set times.

What hours are you planning to work? Have you looked into nursery, childminders and baby sitters (fees and hours)? How often do you think your parents would have the baby?

I looking at 2-3 days a week,think eves are out the question as just will be too difficult,my mom will be very available and will probably help me when ever she can but she does have a house in tenerife and my parents go quite a lot for 2-4 weeks a time so I don't want her to stop doing this because of me so I need childcare when she is away..

I didn't realise child minders were so reasonable,the nurseries by me are mostly half a day or a full day and they are rather pricey!

Thanks cheeky monkey I will look at childminders!

Xxx

Just a quick question for all the Mobile Beauty Therapists who have young babies and children,
What do you do for childcare when you work? I am having a baby in Nov and trying to decide what I will do for childcare when I return.
I will only be working a couple of days a week but just wondered what other Mobile therapists do?
I will have a lot of help from parents etc but don't want to put on them too much but not sure if a child minder or nursery will be too expensive based on what I will be earning??

Suggestions please???? It's my first child too...

How about looking at an agency that have nannies, babysitters, childminders, mothers help etc on their books. My sister works in a nursery but when she was thinking of becoming a Nanny, she looked at an agency called tinies. They have an information section on their site for parents wanting childcare.

How about looking at an agency that have nannies, babysitters, childminders, mothers help etc on their books. My sister works in a nursery but when she was thinking of becoming a Nanny, she looked at an agency called tinies. They have an information section on their site for parents wanting childcare.

Just had a look at the website, great tip! Registering today! Cheers. [emoji1]

Thanks Dolly will take a look now x

Does babies dad work day times? If so you could look after the baby in the day while he works and he could look after the baby in the evening while you work. Lots of clients like eve appts.

Does babies dad work day times? If so you could look after the baby in the day while he works and he could look after the baby in the evening while you work. Lots of clients like eve appts.
I know Krum but dad works 9-5 and we have already decided I will stop working eves and weekends as he wants it to be 'family time' so I will just try harder to build my client base with daytime clients!

Xx

He may want it to be family time but it's your career. If he wants family time he can work less hours so you can work more then you still get similar spare time.

He may want it to be family time but it's your career. If he wants family time he can work less hours so you can work more then you still get similar spare time.
He runs his own sucessful company,his salary and earning potential are far far more than I could ever earn,his certainly wouldn't be able to drop his hours and I wouldn't expect him too,he has put his heart and soul into it and it has paid off!!...he is the main breadwinner so I only really work for pocketmoney.

I could stay at home if I wanted but want to earn some of my own money.I am perfectly happy with our arrangement and would much rather be spend my evenings with my husband and baby than working if I don't need to.

I wasn't really looking for someone to criticise my husbands working hours,just some advice on what I could do for childcare in the day........

When I first started out my girls where 2 and 5. I started by just offering evenings as my husband got home from work at 6.
When my youngest started preschool I could then offer some mornings as well as evenings.
They are now both at school so offer school hours and still do a couple of evenings a week. When you are building a business you have to be as flexible as possible to start off with. Clients become loyal and then are more happy to work around you. Clients,especially those that work all day love evenings and it can be a real selling point to offer them.
Realistically you aren't going to be fully booked every evening 5/6 days a week at first, so you can still have family time too.

He runs his own sucessful company,his salary and earning potential are far far more than I could ever earn,his certainly wouldn't be able to drop his hours and I wouldn't expect him too,he has put his heart and soul into it and it has paid off!!...he is the main breadwinner so I only really work for pocketmoney.

I could stay at home if I wanted but want to earn some of my own money.I am perfectly happy with our arrangement and would much rather be spend my evenings with my husband and baby than working if I don't need to.

I wasn't really looking for someone to criticise my husbands working hours,just some advice on what I could do for childcare in the day........
I don't think the pp was critising your husband in any way she was just suggesting something for you to consider. Things often come across in a different way than they are meant to as people read things differently :)

My childminder does me a deal for £25 a day, when enquiring ask if they do day rates rather than per hour, and may be cheaper if you provide certain things (food mainly but that won't be an issue in the beginning) and pick up/drop off. Best of luck to you :)

Latest posts

Back