Mobile - car insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vixano

Reaction score
Hello Mobile Geeks!

Some advice please.

Mobile Geeks do you have business insurance on your car?

How much is it?

Is it a lot more then "normal" insurance?

Thanks so much in advance!!

xx

Yes, you wouldn't be properly insured if you had an accident ...
I personally don't think it's that much more tbh ... But cost would depend on various aspects ...
Length of time driving / age / no claim years / car / mileage - so it probably best to get quotes ...
As I do average 8k per yr / 6k business / 2k personal ...
Xxxxx

Insurance companies have a very different take on personal use car insurance and commercial car insurance, this is because if using a car for business you are likely to be using it more than you would a personal car.

I have commercial insurance the price didn't go up much at all but I know should anything happen, accident or if its stolen my tools and equipment are all covered and as you know they can all add up should you have to replace them.

For peace of mind give your insurance company a call and ask for a commercial quote as the last thing you want is to have an accident when heading to a job and them then saying you are not covered because you we're using it for business purposes without the proper cover. Xx

My business insurance is about £40 more than normal xx

Mine was only £20 more
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

I don't know how much more it is but my car insurance is very reasonable anyway actually. I took student off there and it went down £100...had I known last year!! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

With regards to Business insurance, there's multiple factors that can affect the price.
Age, location, car, business and personal mileage, occupation, the level of cover, type of business use, named drivers, claims and convictions from the last 5 years.

Each underwriter have different rating factors that can affect the overall price.
Contact your current insurer and get them to quote you with business mileage. Don't just estimate what your business mileage is, calculate to the closest mile if possible. You also need to consider what type of business use you require.
Some companies provide,
Class one - SDP and business use for you only.
Joint - SDP and business use for yourself and a spouse
Class two - SDP and business use for yourself and any named driver.
Use a comparison site to get a rough idea of what it could be and haggle with your insurance company if they quote to high.
HTH x

Class 1 business insurance was added on to mine by mistake a few years ago. When I received my certificate I called and asked them to remove it as I thought it might reduce my premium, and they told me the price wouldn't change at all. Seems odd but I won't complain as I'll be going mobile when my daughter is a bit older.

Yes I have added business to my car insurance, wouldn't of had to pay but they charge a set fee when making a change to your policy. :(

Hello all,

Thank you so so much for your replies.

They have been extremely helpful.

I have contacted my insurer it seems very reasonable to Me.

Thanks again everyonexxxx

Latest posts

Back