Mobile facials???????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara1

Reaction score
:) Hi everyone. This may sound like a really silly question but here goes anyway. I am thinking about going mobile. What i need to know is how do you go about doing facials?? For instance what about getting water?? How can you insure there is room for the couch etc. what about mobile equipment ie stool trolley table etc.
Also do you have a radius that you cover ie 10 /20 miles. Do you charge for travel??

Any advice would be helpful

:eek:

Thanks in advance

Hi Tara, i do mobile facials and the first few that i did was a right pain to be honest but when someone wants a facial in the comfort of their own home you have to use their facilities. I always ask where the nearest sink is when doing the consulation this way they know you will be wandering from them and to their sink a few times during the treatment.
When i do a mobile facial i take, told away plastic trolley, massage couch, stool, towels, blanket, couch roll, tools or the trade and myself. I have worked in some tight spaces but you get round it. When they call just ask if there is room for a massage couch.

This is what i have on my web site "I will travel within a 10 miles radius of Shipley, West Yorkshire - covering Saltaire, Shipley, Bingley, Keighley, Idle, Bradford, Guiseley and Leeds. Over a 10 mile radius there is a £5.00 charge.

I have a minimum call out charge of £15, so why not invite a friend or have a pamper party?"

Hope this helps.

State that the client needs a clear space of 7ft x 4ft for you to work, Kitchens are often the best bet, as is a spare room, however conservatorys, hallways and bedrooms are other places I have worked!!! In the summer I have worked outside too so never completly dismiss an area!! Your couch can be positioned diagonally in a room to create working space around the couch!

Take a rice steamer or slow cooker with you along with a lot of small flannels or face towels. When setting up ask where the bathroom/kitchen is and fill your steamer with water and wash your hands. This way the water stays warm so you don't have to leave the client during the treatment, unless your doing a full body scrub etc then the water will last. When you need to remove cleansers and masks etc just drop a clean towel into the water, wringe and use. Its so much nicer than cold wet sponges too!

Travel should be costed into your price already. This is a good reason not to sell your treatments short. Mobile therapists are no longer deemed as poor and can demand higher prices for their private treatments in there own home.

Have a set circle you will work from your home as the crow flies. Stick to it. If a client calls from outside that circle then have a higher minimum spend.

I always recommend a minimum call out charge of £30 or 1 hour, whichever is greater.

hope this helps

xx

I take a flask of boiling water with me and mix with their cold water, that way I dont have to mess around with their facilities apart from hand washing at the start and finish. I also use a large metal bowl (Ikea) as this retains the heat much better. I've a portable steamer which I use at home of mobile and I set my couch on the lowest height so I can use a chair from their house. I take my Ipod and battery operated speakers for music.

15min drive from my house is my mileage limit, over that I charge an additional £5.

I take my couch with a towelling cover already over it and a sarong to cover the client during treatment.(all fits into carry case) I use a trolley to move couch to and from car 'cos it weighs a ton!

I have a beauty case which opens on both sides so I have my products lined up and work solely out of the case(no trolleys/tables). I take whatever product I need out, use it and put it straight back in case.

I damp down some cotton pads prior to treatment when I'm washing my hands and I use steamed mitts to remove exfoliator and mask. I damp my mitts and wrap them in clingfilm before I leave home, prior to treatment I pop them into the clients microwave for 2 mins then wrap them in a towel to keep in heat and place them in my beauty case ready for use.

Hope this helps

Hi,
I realise i'm a few months too late for this thread but just wanted to ask Whackeykitten what type of case do you have - it sounds brilliant that all your products are lined up and ready to go!
Also where did you get it from? I'm looking to invest in a proper case and this sounds brilliant!
Thanks

Its just a regular beauty case with zips on either side that you normally get with your college beauty kit. I keep cleansers toners exfoliators on one side - then turn it round and masks moisture serums etc on other. They also have handy little zips for all your little bits n bobs.

I read through this and was impressed with the ideas for mobile therapists doing facials.

Can anyone add anymore ideas to make our job easier?!!

It is an absolute nightmare carrying kit around! How long do you all allow for set up time? I always feel a bit awkward faffing arround before the treatment!!

I have a large case, and as all my products are very minimally labelled - I put colour coded stickers on the lids/pumps for the different skin types, so I can just leave them in the box, and as I go along I know which products are for each skin type, so don't waste time pulling them out and reading the labels!!

Beauty Trolley - Sahar Fabric Beauty Trolley

this case is excellent I've had mine for 3 years I pulled out the bottom drawers and put my steamer and towels in the bottom and then put products in the top and work out of it. :hug:

I have this one which I do the same as Weezie. I use the flap as a table too for my water etc... It isn't cheap but it is great! I got mine for less at a beauty show though so it may be worth waiting and perhaps getting a good deal at Olympia.

Beauty Trolley - Monaco Rose Red Beauty Trolley

Lx

I had that one first Lucy but found it a bit heavy and clonky to put back together, it's good too though. :hug:

Beauty Trolley - Sahar Fabric Beauty Trolley

this case is excellent I've had mine for 3 years I pulled out the bottom drawers and put my steamer and towels in the bottom and then put products in the top and work out of it. :hug:

Its well made but sooooo heavy! I thought it would be light as it was fabric! Good quality case though! xx

Latest posts

Back