Mobile hair stylist lugging equipment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou567

Reaction score
Hi, hoping for some advice and to find out what other mobile hairstylists use to lug there equipment round?

I currently carry a large bag for all my cutting and styling stuff, another bigger bag for my colouring stuff and a fold up chair. I can have between 2-10 clients a day with each appointment varying different hair services and can sometimes quite a walk from where I have parked but I’m so sick of my bags over flowing, giving me a bad back and having to try and squeeze through front doors with my bags that are twice the size of me and the door!

I was thinking of a suit case but I still like the idea of my colour stuff being separate for appointments that are just cuts or styling but then two suit cases is a bit much I think.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

When I was offering mobile services, I stored all my stuff in clear plastic stackable boxes in my hatchback’s car boot. I removed the parcel shelf so there was plenty of room and the windows were tinted very dark so you couldn’t see inside.

I’d work out the night before what I needed for each client and make a list. (Cut & paste on my phone notebook App)
I decanted the 1litre shampoo/conditioners into smaller client/travel sized bottles and topped these up regularly.

For each appointment, I’d take out just what I needed to carry in one small wheeled bag. if I needed a different toner/colour, I could nip back to my car. I was lucky in that I lived and worked in a fairly safe area where leaving stuff in your boot wasn’t risky so this might not be workable where you live.

When I was offering mobile services, I stored all my stuff in clear plastic stackable boxes in my hatchback’s car boot. I removed the parcel shelf so there was plenty of room and the windows were tinted very dark so you couldn’t see inside.

I’d work out the night before what I needed for each client and make a list. (Cut & paste on my phone notebook App)
I decanted the 1litre shampoo/conditioners into smaller client/travel sized bottles and topped these up regularly.

For each appointment, I’d take out just what I needed to carry in one small wheeled bag. if I needed a different toner/colour, I could nip back to my car. I was lucky in that I lived and worked in a fairly safe area where leaving stuff in your boot wasn’t risky so this might not be workable where you live.

Thank you for your help that’s something i definitely may look at doing.
Thank you

Latest posts

Back