Mobile hairdresser, putting prices up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Hi geeks, as I have now been a mobile hairdresser for over a year now I am thinking of increasing my prices after the new year. I have gained a lot of regular clients so think its now time to put them up. Has anybody done this? How did you inform clients? X

I put mine up and handed out new leaflet to let them know, I honoured old price when I saw them, then let them know from next appointment will be this new price :) x

I put mine up and handed out new leaflet to let them know, I honoured old price when I saw them, then let them know from next appointment will be this new price :) x

That's a good idea! thanks. i could hand them a new price list. I'm not sure how much I am going to increase them by yet though lol I want to increase my prices for colour as I seem to use alot of product and time for not much profit x

Here are my prices, was wondering what you all think I should put up?

Wet cut- £10
C/bd- £20
Restyle cut and b/d- £30
Re-growth tint- £20
Full head colour- £30
Half head foils- £30
Full head foils- £40 (change to £45?)
Cap high lights - £20
Perms (incl cut and b/d)-£40
Gents cut- £8

I'm not a hairdresser but just looked at my hairdressers price list and she charges double (+ more on some) than your prices she's mobile and is fully booked 6 weeks in advance :) not sure if this helps you in anyway or not lol, with regards to putting up prices, my prices are going up in April and will start to give out new price lists in preparation end of January/beginning of february so everyone has plenty of warning, ill also email everyone to let them no and write to those that don't have an email address :) xxxxx

Do your colours include cut and finish too x

I'm not a hairdresser but just looked at my hairdressers price list and she charges double (+ more on some) than your prices she's mobile and is fully booked 6 weeks in advance :) not sure if this helps you in anyway or not lol, with regards to putting up prices, my prices are going up in April and will start to give out new price lists in preparation end of January/beginning of february so everyone has plenty of warning, ill also email everyone to let them no and write to those that don't have an email address :) xxxxx

O wow! I need to put mine up then! Lol x

Id maybe put them all up £5-£10 x

I'm mobile and depends where you live and what else other charge. I have started charging more for extra colours with foils so anything over 2colours I charge £3 extra for.
I live in quite a well off area though some still think its too expensive lol

There are some mobile hairdressers in my area that charge really low prices! Like full head foils for £30 incl cut and blow dry! I can't do it for that! After the product used and time it takes, also my experience, you don't really make much profit! X

I was thinking of adding a few services as well like conditioning treatments, clear gloss colour and scattered foils x

Hi Babychops, I'm also mobile and I've been doing it for just over a year too. Do you work just certain days or do you just try and accommodate everyone and work when they need you? I work when needed and I find myself doing really anti social hours. Also after a year do you have a lot of clients? I've been thinking about putting my prices up too after new year, £5 on colours and maybe £3 on cuts doesn't seem much but I also don't want to put people off. X

Hi Babychops, I'm also mobile and I've been doing it for just over a year too. Do you work just certain days or do you just try and accommodate everyone and work when they need you? I work when needed and I find myself doing really anti social hours. Also after a year do you have a lot of clients? I've been thinking about putting my prices up too after new year, £5 on colours and maybe £3 on cuts doesn't seem much but I also don't want to put people off. X

Hi, I work when needed aswell. I have gained quite alot of clients through the year. I was thinking of putting all my prices up by a few pound. Don't want to put clients off x

Ur prices are exactly the same as mine and im a home worker i sometimes feel ive madr nothing at the end of the week especially with colours. Do you find other people in the are either double or half the price of yours? I cant seem to get a happy balance. Ice recently changed my priceelist to like....
Fullhead foils short hair £40, mediun hair, £45, long hair £50. Just because of product use. X

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm Not mobile, however, I give clients a couple of months notice when I've put prices up, normally £1 on cuts and £2 of colour each year, I tend to do it spring/summer - when people have fully recovered from Xmas bills and inform them around Feb that come May/June my prices will be going up a small amount

I'm Not mobile, however, I give clients a couple of months notice when I've put prices up, normally £1 on cuts and £2 of colour each year, I tend to do it spring/summer - when people have fully recovered from Xmas bills and inform them around Feb that come May/June my prices will be going up a small amount

I think I might do the same. I don't want to put them up in jan/feb as people don't have alot of spare cash after Christmas and might be annoyed. I may give them a new price list in march and say they will go up June. Give plenty of notice x

I always review my prices every 12-18 month's its best to do a small increase more often than a big one every 2-3 years, I increase my prices in april this year and im just contemplating where to do them in april or october next year :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I live in Ireland and I am mobile but used to be mobile in the uk , I think your prices are low, I started off low here too and it's difficult then to raise your prices !! Especially on colours when you're not making much profit😔

I think your prices reflect on 1. The training and knowledge you have as a professional 2. The products you use 3. The service you give to clients 4. Your input back into training to continue to learn 5. You marketing such as cards or website. I also think you have to take into consideration if your are going to do a lot of "deals" I don't personally, their birthday they receive a card and a voucher and also at christmas that's all. I think if your work is good and your doing all of this clients will see and not mind paying higher prices, they won't feel ripped off. I think the clients that want cheap aren't loyal clients, I think they will be a client until the next cheap deal comes along. With raising your prices you need to give clients something of added value to the price going up also! I think you could raise your price by 7% at most any higher people question it.

Latest posts

Back