Mobile hairdresser set up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzyG

Reaction score
I'm a mobile hairdresser, I have a great case I can pull along which fits all my hair tools in. Only problem is my colour gear!
I use 2 cute Disney bags and manage to fit everything neatly inside except all my colours! They are in a tatty old sainsbury bag which goes inside the Disney one. The colours are really hard to find and keep on top of! Does anyone have a great way of keeping there colours organised so you can see what you have clearl? Thanks.

I keep mine in a large clear plastic crate type box. I stand the tint tubes end up so I can see what’s inside the boxes at a glance and I order them so the blondes are together, reds, browns etc. I keep permanent tubes in one crate and toners and fashion colour semi’s in another crate. I keep developers, shampoo and conditioners in a third crate. I have lots of crates and they can stack on top of each other in the garage when not in use. Perming and rollers etc. are kept in another crate.

In the boot of my car I have 3 of the grey Royal Mail crates - one has spare colour tubes, one has spare developers, bleach and foils, and one has spare hair up stuff, gloves, capes, shampoos etc. I also I have carrier bag in my boot with all my direct dyes and a few spare bottles of shampoo and conditioner and a couple of just-in-case towels. I then have a large shopping bag (like a small hold-all really) that I put the developers, bleach, colours, bowls and brushes in that I need for each job. I repack my bag before nipping into each house so I have what I need but I’m not lugging around unnecessary baggage, but I also have everything spare in the car in case a client changes her mind or needs a toner or whatever.

I think it’s definitely a case of just being on the ball and sacrificing your car boot during working hours!!

I keep my colours in salon and when I’m doing mobile I ask for photo to see what they want to achieve and bring a good bunch of colours that would match that picture or idea x

Thanks everyone! All helpful ideas x

I do the same as AcidPerm and keep mine in plastic boxes with clip on lids with the boxes of tint standing on end to see the number.
I don’t carry colour stock in the car as I think a hot car can be dangerous when you’re carrying chemicals such as peroxide. I take what I need for that appointment as I’ve been and done a consultation prior to the colour appointment so I take just the tint and peroxide I need for that visit. I keep it in a cool box in the car to avoid it getting over heated and return it back to storage in the house as soon as I can. I also have a ‘colour’ bag set up, it’s oilcloth so I can wipe it out if it gets dirty. Its got everything I’ll need in it to carry out a colour service.

I need my car space so I have a rack at home where I store all my colour tubes, and take what I need and may need each day. If I get a new client I always skin test them prior so when I do that I sit and have a thorough consultation with them. Then I know exactly what I’ll need on the day x

Latest posts

Back