Mobile hairdressers, I need your opinion!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah7898

Reaction score
I'm so sick of looking for the perfect bag for my hairdressing stuff. I have an excellent Roo beauty bag for my nail stuff, but they have nothing for the mobile hairdresser. Not big enough anyway. I need something that will let me carry securely all my colour and styling equipment when I have a full busy day. All in one bag.

So I'm designing a bag specifically for mobile hairdressers, that won't cost the earth.
I'm been mobile for 4-5 years now so I think I have a good idea for a bag, but would love your input.

1- What would be the ideal size?

I'm going for 20 inches long and 8 inches high, three compartments inside for items, zipped pockets on each end for smaller items and personal bits

2- What would be your ideal pattern/colour?

I'm going to use oil cloth for the outside, and I'll keep a lighter interior so it's easier to see what you want (similar to cath kidston quality material)

3- What handy things would be good in a hairdressing bag for you?

I'm hoping that I will include zipped compartments for kitchen/couch roll, areas to hold things like bottles (upstanding) tint boxes (hate rummaging for tubes of tint) and will have a main area for everything else.
Will use strong, rope type handles and shoulder straps.
Small compartments inside for gloves and plasters.
Would love your input on this, and anything I've missed. Thanks geeks!
X

If I'm carrying my kit I have to compartmentalize. Electricals very separate from wets, I like all my brushes to be in one place, not rattling about the bottom of a bag so I suggest good clear compartments with lots of large pockets. Maybe a padded side section that could roll out where you could keep scissors and razors etc.

I'll be honest...I just want Mary poppins bag. I want to reach in and pull out a ready made salon. That would be spot on ;)

Good ideas, thank you!

I'm really hoping to make a Mary poppins bag believe me haha

Why don't you get a proper trolley? I find it so easy and have everything in one place

I wouldn't use one bag. I prefer to use my main bag for brushes/scissors and plastic stackable crates for colour kit and finishing products.

I can carry a lot of stock in my car boot and I keep all my stuff in the garage between appts.

I have a check list I run through for each client so I know what I need to pack before setting out.

I use a beauty case that opens out in the top compartment i use this as a trolley to put tint bowls and foils

I've used a case before, living in a flat and having some clients in flats just makes this too hard. Also I find they are much heavier and I worry they will break!

And also I'm trying to keep in one bag as I sometimes have multiple services at one stop, nightmare carrying it all in and out again!

I use a wee trolley suitcase for tint bowls brushes and peroxide and colours. And I have a case I use for all brushes combs hair dryer etc.

I had one of these for my tools and a good old fashioned large shopping bag for all my colours & bottles

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 54
I had one of these for my tools and a good old fashioned large shopping bag for all my colours & bottles

That's the same one I use now for my scissors and brushes. :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456261502.622706.jpg
this is similar to what I use. 2 in 1 tool box on wheels! The bottom half is for colouring, the top half is full of my electricals, and everything for cutting & styling x

The only thing that annoyed me when I had a trolley was by the time i picked it up out of the car and then picked it up to get up stairs into a clients house I thought sod this I might as well stay carrying it! So from then on I also like @surfgirl use a large sturdy bag for life for colours and developers then a leather weekend bag for hairdryer ect

A friend of mine has a portable basin, chair and shower attachment she takes with her. Think she needs more than a bag :p

Thank god its not just me that struggles on the bag/case front! I have tried a a case on wheels with sections that clip off but I found most people had pebble drives or paths and so I was lifting it all the time and I think it weighed a good 15kg which was too much to carry and lift. I went to a Hair tools bag with long strap and centre handle in October last year, mixed opinions on it really. The bag is easier to carry and lighter, I have managed to get most essentials in but it does look fit to burst. I also don't like it all poking out. I used to get lots of good comments on the case on wheels but I can't go back to it its just not practical. Yes please make a case suitable for us all! I also had similar issues trying to find a lightweight, height adjustable, folding chair but I've finally found one after several years of looking. No more bad backs doing kids hair!

Haha, well I'm in the process, so will keep you posted! I'm making it very strong, and hopefully nice and stylish x

@sarahdivey can you share where you got the adjustable portable chair?

I have 2 cabin size suitcases

1 for cutting & styling tools
1 for colouring products

I had the Stanley tool case it kept breaking [emoji15] I had 3 of them

Mobile is a struggle at times
I look forward to seeing the Mary Poppins bag xx

Latest posts

Back