Mobile hairdressing mayhem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarfgirl

Reaction score
To all you mobile hairdressers out there...... Do you find it easy to manage your appointments?? I seem to have no evenings to myself as they are the first appointments to go due to clients working in the day etc, how do you manage this?? Are you brutal and keep nights free from clients so you can go to the gym etc ?? I seem to have most evenings where I have a six I clock colour appointment which leaves me with no time afterwards to do anything as I won't finish until half eight nine if it's foils cbd etc!!! This is generally every night bar a fri, does everyone else find this is the case too?? Do I just need to say no, as I find this very hard and find this really hard and don't want to loose clients!! Feed back would be muchly appreciated xx

when i started out i would go above and beyond to fit everyone in - often late nights/evenings weekends etc and i didnt overly mind as I knew in time my hard work would pay off. Now i do limit myself, when i have something ive already planned in for me, or want a night off with the hubby then ill block out the diary and simply say i am unavailable. Most clients this isnt a problem at all and it means theyre more inclined to book ahead as they appreciate that youre busy. However some clients who have a party etc to go to ill perhaps make an exception but you need to be strict! The reason i work for myself is so i have the flexibility and i make the rules on my work life balance so when that gets too much then i know i need to step back and give myself a break! its hard to say no especially when you feel that the only person missing out is you/money etc but your body ( and in my case my other half) will thank you for it! x

You have to say no,otherwise you'll never get time off,I just tell clients I only work certain days and evenings, that way I get a day off or evenings off.its hard tho as being self employed I'm very money conscious x

When I first went mobile I worked all hours to fit everyone in. Now I work when I want to, I'll go through my diary for example book off Tuesday night as I worked Monday night etc. or if I start really early one day I'll book the evening off vice versa. You need to set working times as otherwise you'll just be working all hours not being able to do anything! X

I did all hours travelled everywhere at any time to suit when I first started and for a long time after. I had a 4yr old when I started so she was at school in the day and as you know it takes time to build up ur client base but when I got pregnant with my second I found I was so tired in the beginning I had to cut back my hours so I got strict and since I started back I now have set hours!! Which I've never had before. The only exceptions are weddings and things that can't be changed. You will find your clients learn to fit around you x

Once you start setting aside evenings people get used to booking around u, I'd say do it sooner rather than later! :)

Your better setting your hours sooner rather than later. I received a text from a client to come at 7.30pm an hour later for her full head hilites and cut and finish as she was getting her tea, I don't think she thought about wether I'd had mine lol. Clients will always expect you to work later as it's always been an option to them xx

Like most people replying to these topics when I first started out I'd work as many hours as I could and whenever the clients wanted me whether that be 8 in the morning or 8 at night, now I've been doing it longer I make sure I go through my diary and give myself at least one full day off a week and usually a night or two to make sure I have some me time, your entitled to time off and usually clients appreciate this, they'll begin to work around you. If you can't fit everyone in one week then so be it, either they'll book for the next or start booking from one time to another, just make sure you set yourself time off each week otherwise it won't do you any good! Don't worry about it, we all need it :) I'm fortunate that a lot of my clients are mums so days are best for them xx

I work full time in salon as well as my mobile work so I do Monday 6pm, All day tuesday which is my day off, Wednesday 6pm, Nothing on Thursday night as work till 8pm, Friday 6pm, Nothing Saturday night but it depends and I only do Sunday for one client who i've done since I was 18 yrs old (im nearly 29) and I have always done it on Sunday, every five weeks, but this depends on her work and if she's doing anything special or going away. Monday, Weds, Friday and Saturday I only do one, maybe two clients depending on service. xoxo

Thanks so much for all of your replies, I know that I need to be more strict and say no I just needed to hear that from other people!! Good ideas from you all thanks a lot x

Latest posts

Back