mobile manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a room above a salon and was told by the salon owner I can come downstairs and perform manicures on clients while they are getting their hair done. I was just wondering if anyone else does this. What do you use to put the products on: a tray, mobile cart, etc? Do you bring a small selection of polish colours or the entire polish chart and then go and get the selected polish? Do you do just a shape and polish or the entire manicure? Also, does anybody use the lavender lotion from Cuccio Naturale? Do you have problems with it, cause everytime I use it for massages it ends up flaking all over.

It really is up to you whether you want to offer a manicure including soak and massage or basically a tidy up and polish change. I would keep a small trolley with the products I need on it somewhere in the salon (to save all the schlepping up and down the stairs each time) so that I was prepared and ready to go whenever anyone wanted me. I suppose a basket kept ready upstairs would also be another option.

A quick tidy and polish is probably more practical to offer as you have to fit in with the time of the hair appointment and be finished by the time the hair is finished.
Sorry don't use the cuccio range so can't comment other than to say that this flaking business would embarrass me and I would move on to something else and for instance offer a variety of scents to my clients from the Scentsations range from Creative.

Hi Jennifer,

I used to do this when I was in a hair salon and I had a small trolley with all my products on it..similar to what the hair stylists use...except mine was more open so that clients could see the nail colours.

The only downside I found was the little snippets of hair that kept blowing on to the nails and sticking to the polish!!! It might be worth trying to make sure you time your service so that the nails are reasonably dry before the hairdryer is switched on.

I used the Scentsations lotions a lot and clients loved them. I would definitely recommend those as they smell fab and aren't messy. You want to use products that are quick and easy to use as chances are you won't be working in ideal conditions.....it might be hot, cramped, and quite hectic if the stylist is also working on the client at the same time.

Hi Jennifer,
I also work in a hair salon and the clients having longer treatments such as colurs and perms come to my table for manicures etc while they would otherwise be sat just reading magazines. This works well for me and the salon as a whole. Perhaps you could entice your clients up to the comfort of your room. They might like the idea of being out of the public glare when they're not looking they're best in curlers and foils!!
Just a suggestion.

:biggrin: Hi there,...
Have intergrated Mani & related services onto the Salon Floor myself...
Was well recieved throughout the Winter as Parrafin & Hot Towels were a Feature along with combinations of CND's Solar Manicue, Spa Manicure, Scentsations & Spa Pedicure Products.
Also I was fortunate enough to have found some beautiful Glass Trays with wrought iron flowers to display Product on Salon Benches..with a breif Promo leaflettes informing of the Features n Benifits of my services Towels oganized in a Cane & Wooden shelving unit descretely on the Salon floor for easy acsses & we would use a clean towel to transport files n such to the client at he basin or colour section of the Salon... The Promo Leaflette also explained that SOME services MUST be performed at the desk.... To acheive the BEST result........
A separate Service Menu was devised to cater for the time factor BUT you may find the Client will book a separate time once you've explained a more involved service could take longer.
I found that when Colour is processing you have up to 45mins depending on the Salon Colouring system used..... Alot can be done in that time........ Good Luck xxooxx Its been Very Rewarding for me & I hope the same for you xxxooooxxx
jnail OZ xoxoxoxox

Latest posts

Back