Mobile nail lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridget1802

Reaction score
Hi
I have been a mobile tech for a while and have been using a lamp for about 20 pounds from
Argos my 1st lamp lasted me years but the 2nd one keeps snapping it clearly doesn't like to be carried around can anyone recommend a good lamp?
Thanks
Bridget

It depends what system you are using but you should use the recommend lamp for that system :)

Are you asking about a lamp for light or a UV lamp for gels?

Thats why I opted to buy the one recommended by the Products Manufacturer. The lamp will have a guarantee & the wattage will be up to good standard rather than cheaper Chinese imports... I can though see the upside of having a 36watt lamp though if you are using more than one product. ie: I only have a Bio Sculpture lamp which is only 18 Watts & is only good for this product whereas if I wanted to use Shellac or say NSI then I would need to get a 36 Watt lamp which cure All of these....

Thats why I opted to buy the one recommended by the Products Manufacturer. The lamp will have a guarantee & the wattage will be up to good standard rather than cheaper Chinese imports... I can though see the upside of having a 36watt lamp though if you are using more than one product. ie: I only have a Bio Sculpture lamp which is only 18 Watts & is only good for this product whereas if I wanted to use Shellac or say NSI then I would need to get a 36 Watt lamp which cure All of these....

Just to clarify you should always use the CND or Brisa lamp if using Shellac to ensure a full cure. There are threads detailing some of the problems people have had with Shellac when using another 36w lamp :)

Hi

Sorry just to clarify I have my shellac uv lamp the proper one, I was asking what desk lamps ppl use for mobile the one I use from Argos seems to be poorer quality but as I go mobile I don't want something too heavy?

I use one from ikea it comes with a clamp wasn't expensive either!:)

I use a portable daylight lamp from the daylight company. They don't have the model I use on their website any more, but here is what looks to be the replacement model...

Daylight™ | United Kingdom | Twist portable lamp, satin silver

I have the older version of this, you can't change the angle on mine, that is a definite improvement. But its a fab lamp and very portable and sturdy. Had mine about 6 years and not changed the bulb yet lol

I think Hobbycraft sell this exact lamp if that's easier, don't know what their price is though

The fab thing about it is that it doesn't heat up like some lamps so your gels don't run and your acrylics don't set too quickly. It's also easy on the eyes however much you use it.

I would thoroughly recommend it x

Latest posts

Back