Mobile nail tech going back to work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkigems

Reaction score
Controversial post!

I’m just wondering what the mobile techs are using as their work guidelines. I’m mobile and am not working, but I do wonder if mobile workers feel they should wait to start to work again until salons are open?
I feel that mobile workers are slightly different as we work one on one and don’t have to take into account spacial awareness as in salon chairs being 2m apart etc, however we are still within 2m of our client. I wonder if wearing PPE would make the difference as this is what will be required in anycase in July?

Not looking to start a row, just thinking out loud [emoji848]

I think this is important topic hun. I've asked a similar question. I think ppe will be more needed as we can control sanitation in a salon, however other people's homes not so much! I'm wondering what the protocol will be and whether we will need to wait longer to start up again.

I am mobile & I am not returning anytime soon, have told clients that I am following the July 4th rule & then only return if I feel it’s safe to do so. Don’t think we would be covered by our insurance anyway.
Someone made a good point earlier in that nobody should be going into other peoples households still, we would be doing that if we returned to work.
You also run the risk of clients more likely to not tell you that they or anyone in their household is ill.
Sanitisation is also going to be more difficult, cannot really do it while still in the clients house as that defeats the object so will be standing outside in all weathers scrubbing away.

I’m a micro salon and also work one to one....
The guidelines are the same - it’s the length of time and the contact we have with our clients that makes it high risk.
To be honest I think it’s harder for you mobiles as you cannot control your environment!
July 4th at the earliest

We will need to be particularly vigilant when we return, as clients desperate to look good might not be honest if they feel a little ‘under the weather!’

You've both said what I kind of thought. I. Considering where to rent a space fora short time once we can or course. As its going to be easier to control the hygiene standards in a salon verses someone else's home!

Latest posts

Back