Mobile nails without a car

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnieimmy

Reaction score
Is it possible to still go mobile without a car? I'm relying on public transport to get around. Any thoughts would be welcome regarding portable nail tables that aren't too heavy to carry on the bus/tram? I've got a Mac Alister case and might struggle with a table.

I should think you'd end up with back/neck/shoulder strain if you tried lugging all that around on public transport! I'm sure I've read about nail techs using clients ironing boards as a nail "desk" as they're height adjustable and quite narrow? Just take a towel and coach roll.

I’d say it’s more hassle than it’s worth. It’s enough doing mobile when you drive with all the equipment you carry getting it in & out of the car.
With public transport I can’t imagine you’ll be able to fit enough clients in per day to make enough money for it to be worth while. And it isn’t just jumping on a bus, you’ll have to walk to & from the bus stop with all your equipment. And not everyone lives close distance to a bus/tram stop. My nearest one is a mile away. That’s a lot of walking when you are carrying all that stuff.
Plus timings between clients & making sure you are on time.
I Don’t want to put a downer on it, but just trying to be realistic. x

Is it possible to still go mobile without a car? I'm relying on public transport to get around. Any thoughts would be welcome regarding portable nail tables that aren't too heavy to carry on the bus/tram? I've got a Mac Alister case and might struggle with a table.
Consider Uber? Not as expensive as taxis etc but more convenient than public transport.

It is definitely do able - but hard work! I’ve recently started offering a mobile service to surrounding areas to me - I currently just offer shellac nails. I pop all my equipment into a rucksack (all perfectly organised ) lol. - the rucksack helps to ensure I’m carrying the weight evenly and prevent damaging my back. When the customer books in I ask them to ensure that there is an area suitable for me to set up ( near a power source, table/chairs etc).
Hope this helps,
Good luck :)

I'd say no. I found mobile a massive pita even with a car. Plus sometimes your bus stops are going to be nowhere near your client. X

I find being mobile a massive pain WITH a car. Now my kit is expanding I'm finding it harder and more work packing everything so it won't leak/spill, so without a car I can't even imagine I'm afraid.

I'm seriously considering being predominately home based in the new year, except maybe for spray tans

I stop doing mobile nails.
It wil break you up .
Only offer feet and hair service mobile.
I have wat 2 much nail stuff
With the bus that crazy work.
I gif it a week and your done.

Have you thought about hiring a Hall close to you for say a morning or afternoon. You’d need to advertise it first to make sure it would be worth your while. That way you’d be getting clients from your own vacinity. Needs a bit of organising I admit.

You may get away with it somewhere with good public transport and a dense customer base like London. Have you thought about doing offices or other locations where you can do multiple clients in one place?

I also dont drive and started off mobile but now my kit is expanding the client has to come to me or i only do limited services as everything is too heavy to carry.

I found being mobile a pain with a car. I would say try it and see if you can do it. As you don’t know till you try. Hope it works out for you. I hated having my stuff packed away all the time. So the mobile life was not for me. Also a little heads up always give someone close to you the address and always get a phone number and phone them before hand to make sure they are who they say. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back