Mobile people: when do you stop taking new clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Vie

Reaction score
I'm currently looking at an almost full diary for the entire month with most clients due to book back in. I'm part time although I work everyday and I'm happy with that for the next year at least, I also want to concentrate on making a transition to being more home based than mobile as its starting to take its toll on my back. Currently my clients all book in their next appointments before I leave, I'm worried that continuing to take on new clients will mean that I'll struggle to fit my lovely regulars in further down the line. It's a lovely problem to have and I might eat my words come November but when do you close your books and reopen them? X

Hi Belle, that is such a difficult one to answer, I am new to the mobile nail game but was a hairdresser for years, i was mobile for 6 months. I found some days I would work from 9 am until 10 and 11pm depending on the treatment to keep my regulars happy! I too still and always did lean towards my lovely regulars. Do you have a friend or another therapist in your area you trust that you could recommend to new enquiring clients, that way you are not turning them down blankly whilst being helpful and giving them a worthy recommendation. Not a great solution but it would give you a bit breathing space until you find openings again for new clients. Hope this helps. ❤

Beccalou

I'm currently looking at an almost full diary for the entire month with most clients due to book back in. I'm part time although I work everyday and I'm happy with that for the next year at least, I also want to concentrate on making a transition to being more home based than mobile as its starting to take its toll on my back. Currently my clients all book in their next appointments before I leave, I'm worried that continuing to take on new clients will mean that I'll struggle to fit my lovely regulars in further down the line. It's a lovely problem to have and I might eat my words come November but when do you close your books and reopen them? X

I'm in this position too, I hate turning people away as you never know what next month will bring lol!

I debated hiring someone but I don't know if I could trust someone enough to a) do a fab job an uphold my name b) that they won't steal my clients and c) if ill continue to be busy enough to pay someone lol!

It's a really hard one, my regulars that usually have the same appointment on the same day at the same time I try to pencil them in for good so they don't miss out when I'm busy. but when I get to a point where there's not many spaces left I tend to send out a mass email telling them to book if they know they want an appointment?

Xxxxx

Latest posts

Back