Mobile policies. What do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElysianAnnie

Reaction score
Hey geeks! I have been a mobile beauty therapist for over a year now however I have not set any "rules" for my clients. I have had a few scenarios where I have felt that some clients have taken the mick a little with i.e nail repairs and cancellations etc and feel it's time to put my foot down. I had one lady cancel her appointment, rebook, cancel and rebook and cancel again!!!!! How frustrating! Just wondering what policy do you state to your clients regarding nail repairs and cancellations? Please may I repeat that I am mobile. Would really appreciate your help. Thank you xx

Last edited:
Hey geeks! I have been a mobile beauty therapist for over a year now however I have not set any "rules" for my clients. I have had a few scenarios where I have felt that some clients have taken the mick a little with i.e nail repairs and cancellations etc and feel it's time to put my foot down. I had one lady cancel her appointment, rebook, cancel and rebook and cancel again!!!!! How frustrating! Just wondering what policy do you state to your clients regarding nail repairs and cancellations? Please may I repeat that I am mobile. Would really appreciate your help. Thank you xx

Well, I used to be a mobile nail tech, and after someone cancelled a cheque, went out shopping when I arrived at her house despite the fact that I'd phoned her the night before to remind her of the appointment, failed to have the money ready and I had to drive her to the bank, etc etc, I put my foot down by insisting they pay cash and if they transgressed I blacklisted them. I still do that now, though I work from home. If they mess me around, they are out the door never to grace my treatment room again. I'm very busy and don't need that kind of client. If they ring me and explain that they're late, fair enough. If they don't have the courtesy to ring me, they're gone from my client list.

Just to add, sadly, as a mobile tech, people messing your around is par for the course. You can't really have rules, etc, because you are going to them so unless you insist they pay up front, which you can't do, there's not much to do except make a stand if they jerk you around by knocking them off your list. You can say things like ...these are my rules and policies, and it won't make a blind bit of difference to the people who habitually take the piss. I used to repair or put right nails if they came off within 3 days. After that, no go. But...I used to say that right at the go off, and get them to agree to it. It's very different in a salon, because you've no travelling expenses should a client want a repair.

I usually send out a reminder txt the day before the app. Its worded quite strict/unfriendly imo, but I wanted that so that ppl couldn't use it as a chance to wriggle out of appointments iykwim. If I get to know them and they cancel & rebook, canel & rebook, I use my judgement really, they might be great clients otherwise but just need bring to heel a bit lol! If they are total pains in the butt then I just stop doing them- Im suddenly too busy or no longer cover the area they live in.....Its the same with repairs, if they are great clients then I'm happy to do an odd free repair, but make sure they know its just a one off- they are usually chargeable. I try to 'pop in' and do repairs when I'm in there area so I'm not heading out of my way too much or taking up a whole appointment slot, but I spose it depends how far the area you cover is.
Patch tests and repairs are the bane of a mobile girls life lol! xx

Thank you everyone for your feedback! It's really helped! Will be trying out a few of the procedures you all carry out! Thank you again xx

Latest posts

Back