Mobile prices for foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzleuk

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me as I have only just got back into foiling etc... how do you price foils? ie 1/2 head £ , 3/4 head £, full head £ (short/med/long) and including a cut and blowdry how much extra £? I am in the west midlands/warwickshire/leicestershire area
Any feedback would be most gratefully recieved. Also how long does it take for you to do foils for 1/2, 3/4, full head? I find my full head taking more time than I consider admitting and wonder how I can time save? I think I am maybe placing too many foils on the head? how many foils are on an average full head.... is there a number breakdown? sorry for all the questions... but I am getting more and more appointments for them and I am not sure what is fair to charge for any of them xx

Hi, I charge £15 for partial foils (a few along the parting) £25 for half head foils and £35 for full head foils (£40 if hair is very long) partial foils take me 15/20 mins, half head foils take me about half hour/40 mins and full head can take me an hour+ if i'm packing loads in, it all depends on how wide you take your sections and how thick the clients hair is, if you are pushed for time, try taking your sections a tad bigger and make sure you concentrate on what the client can see - parting, down the sides etc. I counted my last set of foils and i had put in 63 in an hour and 10 mins.

It helps to have a clear pattern of working before you start, if doing a full head I start at the nape and do 2 sections upto the crown, then the sides, then finally the top. Everyone works differently, you just need to find something that works for you xx

I managed to do 113 in 80 mins! Half. Head takes me about 15-20mins

Thinking im gonna time myself and count later now haha :)

Wow thats impressive Blue!! I managed 94 in about an hour and a half on short thick hair last night which I didn't think was too bad. Challenging myself to do it quicker next time!

I can't stand doing foils that take ages! So I always have clubland music on in the salon, and go for it!! Lol

I charge £45 for half head foils inc cbd and between £55-£65 for a full head inc cbd. This is for 1 colour if more than one colour i charge an extra £5 per colour :) It takes me about 30/40 mins for half head and an hour for full head....unless really thick hair then may take an extra 10/20 mind on top!

I can't stand doing foils that take ages! So I always have clubland music on in the salon, and go for it!! Lol

Specially when they come in with the most thickest hair down to there bum! a think omg! haha x

I charge £25 for t section, £35 half head, £45 for full head if they book with a cut and blowdry then that's an additional £15 on top
Timing totally depends on hair length, thickness and desired effect but for example today client wanted a half head packed out so it actually took me an hour to do a half head lol but she had enough foils on for a full head if u know what I mean
But usually full head takes an hour, half head 40 mins , t section 20 mins roughly

I do still have some of my regulars on my old pricing so they get a full head of highlights and a cut n blowdry for £54 just haven't had courage to tell them it went up last year lol .... But I kind of base things like this on how many clients they have recommended to me and who always rebook etc so I allow exceptions etc
X

I charge £25 for t section, £35 half head, £45 for full head if they book with a cut and blowdry then that's an additional £15 on top
Timing totally depends on hair length, thickness and desired effect but for example today client wanted a half head packed out so it actually took me an hour to do a half head lol but she had enough foils on for a full head if u know what I mean
But usually full head takes an hour, half head 40 mins , t section 20 mins roughly

I do still have some of my regulars on my old pricing so they get a full head of highlights and a cut n blowdry for £54 just haven't had courage to tell them it went up last year lol .... But I kind of base things like this on how many clients they have recommended to me and who always rebook etc so I allow exceptions etc
X

I charge the same as you but £20 on top for the cut n blowdry. Interested to know what you charge for applying a tint inbetween the foils. I usually say £20 for a root tint but never sure what to charge with the foils:biggrin:

Thanks everyone :) this is a huge help and very pleased my prices are pretty bang on :) do you find it easier to cost it without a cut and blowdry and add this on as an extra? My prices are including.... so I may break it down a bit more :)

I charge the same as you but £20 on top for the cut n blowdry. Interested to know what you charge for applying a tint inbetween the foils. I usually say £20 for a root tint but never sure what to charge with the foils:biggrin:

£65 for half head and tint inbeteeen
£75 for full " ". ". " ". ". ". ". "

Latest posts

Back