Mobile salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherylj45

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how they manage washing clients hair and what mirrors you use....do you use a mirror whilst cutting?? As you can tell I'm new to this site and new to going mobile!! Please help!!

Hi :) I'm a newbie salon geek too, and I have been mobile for a couple of years now. It's a nightmare going from backwash basins and full length mirrors to in the home isn't it? Haha. Normally I arrange with the client to have their largest or any decent sized mirror around so I can position it on the kitchen work top. ( I tend to work in their kitchens to use the work tops to my advantage ) And when it comes to washing the hair it just depends on what facilities the client has in home. I've had to wash hair over the bath, sink and even in
cubicle showers!

Most clients have their hair washed for when I get there, but If I'm colouring then I usually wash it over the bath using the shower or the good old bowl and jug lol! I don't use a mirror tho :)

I don't use a mirror unless there is one in a good spot in clients home.
I wil rinse out easi meche but do not shampoo at all, my back would be wrecked :suprised:

I don't use a mirror unless there is one in a good spot in clients home.
I wil rinse out easi meche but do not shampoo at all, my back would be wrecked :suprised:

i hurt my back doing a friends hair at her house one time so i stopped doing the shampoos. generally the clients didnt mind washing their hair, i was given a table top vanity mirror from my mum and it was soo handy as a mirror for putting on the table where i was cutting. i usually use the table also... it ia a lot of hassle tho and a lot of clients are happy to oblige where a mirror is needed.

I use a vanity mirror from argos, not as big as I would like, but it's something. I use their showers/bath to wash their hair but always wash myself where a colour is being done, I let a client wash it once and the colour wasn't fully removed xoxo

Thank you all so much for your replys x really appreciate it x

You can buy a portable back wash best 60quid you'll spend bit of a faff to take about but well worth it for rinsing colours

Do you use a portable backwash???

Latest posts

Back