Mobile tech colour pops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aayspa

Reaction score
Morning ladies,

What do all you mobile techs use for your colour pops?

I don't like the screws that they come with. I have all mine on ribbon but it keeps fraying the more I add on lol.

I don't like colour wheels as I like to change my colour order about to get clients noticing new shades.

So what do you use?x

I use the ones that are on a metal ring like a keyring then I can easily keep adding new colours into the order I like - I'm a bit OCD and like to have all the colour groups in order from light to dark!! I got mine from nail harmony x

I have mine like this on a ball chain... Also have loads on fans and other pops but this is fab to take out...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 584
I have lots of different ones.
I have one to display the colour polishes that has a long metal screw going through it and a bolt.
For nail art I have done small shrinkies that I have put holes in, either written a theme on it or business name ( then shrunk in the oven ) I then make a hole in the nail tips (like you are piercing them for a nail jewel) and these get a small metal ring put through them and attached to the shrinkies.
I know that sounds like a lot of work it's not really and I have to have them displayed like this because I do nails in a secure unit so I have to be careful what I take in hth.ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389522263.613476.jpg
The shrinkie is actually hidden by my business card but each of these sets is attached to a shrinkie and this is how they are displayed/fanned out.

Sad to say, mine are on a wheel at the moment. Must admit though, these look fantastic on the chain, and would be so much easier to carry around. Mmm, looks like yet more investment to be made, lol :lol:

I use the ones that are on a metal ring like a keyring then I can easily keep adding new colours into the order I like - I'm a bit OCD and like to have all the colour groups in order from light to dark!! I got mine from nail harmony x

Have you got a picture?

This sounds like a good idea although I wonder where else I can get the rings from?!

I was looking at my kitchen measuring spoons the other day which are on a plastic ring that clips together, I thought it was a brilliant idea but no idea what you call it so couldn't google it lol. The things we get ideas from!x

Do a search on ebay for split rings. I found mine via eBay. I'm not mobile im a home salon but I find them so much easier and can bunch them together too.

Steph xx

Have you got a picture?

This sounds like a good idea although I wonder where else I can get the rings from?!

I was looking at my kitchen measuring spoons the other day which are on a plastic ring that clips together, I thought it was a brilliant idea but no idea what you call it so couldn't google it lol. The things we get ideas from!x

Can't get my pic to upload for some reason but look on nail harmony website and I think they only do the one type. I'm sure you will probs be able to get something similar on eBay etc if wanted something cheaper x

Steph xx

Attachments

• 1389523036551.jpg
    1389523036551.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 563
  • 1389523111906.jpg
    1389523111906.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 562
Thanks for this. I always thought split rings were those awful key rings we always break our nails on trying to get keys on and off lol.

I'll have a search x

They might have another name but I can't think what it is. These one you literally pull open so its on a hinge (maybe try hinge rings in search lol) pop the pops on then close back up

Steph xx

I've just changed all my screws over to the hinged ring, they're wonderful and really easy to move the colours around. I got them from ebay, 5 for about £2.50.

Karaxxx

I use the hinged rings and I'm mobile. I was thinking of getting a suctioned hook to put on side of my monsoon trolley to hook them on x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

/cuteiclestoyou, can you give more info about your trolley, not heard of that one

/cuteiclestoyou, can you give more info about your trolley, not heard of that one

Just answering in case she's not back on for a bit...... look at Roo Beauty and its the Monsoon trolley. If you search for monsoon trolley on here you might see some pics of it in use as quite a few of us have one xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you

Just answering in case she's not back on for a bit...... look at Roo Beauty and its the Monsoon trolley. If you search for monsoon trolley on here you might see some pics of it in use as quite a few of us have one xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry only just come back on, thanks Lilypie :) it is a brilliant case, luckily I got mine in the sale last year. I've managed to fit everything but my cnd lamp in, which I would be able to fit in if I was only doing shellac! Lol. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size are the rings? Had a look on eBay but there's so many different sizes! X

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

What can I type in to get these as I want to move my giant screw ones over x

Latest posts

Back