Mobile techs advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misstoniilou

Reaction score
I'm thinking of offering some mobile appointments alongside working in the salon.
My question is what equipment do you take?? I have built up quite a range of products and i'm not sure i could physically carry them all.

What do you take with you? Do you take everything?

Obviously the tools and equipment but what products?

I'm mobile and I've got a case from Roo Beauty, I take everything with me otherwise I'm bound to forget something! Xx

I always take all colours (either Shellac or Vinylux, depending whats booked in) tools, liquids etc, all glitters and the light weight nail arty bits packed into my Roo Glamour bag. I usually try and get a feel for what they like on the first appointment to see if they would want stamping, decals etc. No point carrying all the heavy bits like full stamping kit if they are quite traditional with their nails.

I don't offer enhancements though (just Brisa Lite Smoothing), so don't have to worry about this, if not I spose it would be powders, monomer, a selection of tips and dappens etc too. xx

I always take all colours (either Shellac or Vinylux, depending whats booked in) tools, liquids etc, all glitters and the light weight nail arty bits packed into my Roo Glamour bag. I usually try and get a feel for what they like on the first appointment to see if they would want stamping, decals etc. No point carrying all the heavy bits like full stamping kit if they are quite traditional with their nails.

I don't offer enhancements though (just Brisa Lite Smoothing), so don't have to worry about this, if not I spose it would be powders, monomer, a selection of tips and dappens etc too. xx

I have just started to pack up my roo glamour bag so this is helpful, thank you! I'm launching my mobile business in the next fortnight, and like you not offering enhancements. How popular do you find Brisa Lite Smoothing? Did you do the training for it? Xxx

I've not yet worked out how to quote ppl when I reply lol!

Good luck with the business hun, such an exciting time!

I haven't done the specific Brisa Lite training, but I am trained in Hard Gel enhancements (and acrylic too- I just don't like enhancements lol!) I find a few ppl need BLS under their Shellac if they are quite active, or if they have weaker/bendy nails. And its a godsend if ppl have a split thats low down and they don't want to loose their length as I use it as an overlay with a bit of silk, but I only use the smoothing now and then tbh. Its only 2 extra bottles and a small tub, so not too much else to carry but is handy to have to hand just incase. (I have them in with my Shellac as they are a simular size)

I LOVE my Roo bag! Ive just realised mines the BellaRoo, not the glamour but I think they are very similar. sooo many pockets! I have the storage cube too which I find really handy as all my polishes are separate saving space in the bag. The bottom 2 levels of the cube are Shellac bottles and the top layer is basecoats, top coats, ibx and Brisa. It took me about 3 months of packing the bag up differently but I've cracked it now and have everything exactly where I want it lol.

Do you do beauty too, or just nails? xxx

Just nails! Tanning and beauty are my future plan I think, would love to focus on the wedding market. I will bear that in mind about the smoothing - I'd love to get on a course for it but they seem few and far between!

I am so excited to get started - really can't wait! I was torn between the glamour and bellaroo, went glamour in the end after seeing a detailed video review on youtube. Thank you so much for your help and advice xxxx

Your welcome hun!

I had 2 bridal parties in this week & its such a lovely thing to be involved in. Can be stressful but luckily I've had such lovely brides doing the parties was a pleasure (a right laugh infact)

I think the Brisa Lite removable sculpting (might have a better name than that lol) course would be handy as you can lengthen one short nail to give uniformity, but in all honesty I find applying the smoothing gel very similar to applying shellac- if you can manage Shellac you will be ok with BLS without a course. (just check you are covered by your insurance)

Good luck with it all hun, its a great time to start as everyone wants holiday & wedding pampering xxx

Good call on the insurance front - I didn't think about asking! It was getting my nails done for my own wedding that sparked my interest in nails - I'm hoping to give other brides the good experience I had! I had thought about the sculpting too - that's another course that is few and far between at the moment! Ringing s2 is on my to do list for tomorrow to see what I can do xx

Same here with not offering gel enhancements as mobile - client homes aren't controlled environments and thus there will be limitations on what you can do. I take my Roo boxes with my gelish polishes, Roo bag with all my manicure and pedicure instruments including UV box and put them on my bicycle. Things I don't take with me and I expect the client to have which I ask them before booking with me is if they have a table and/or suitable chairs as I can't physically bring them.

I'm thinking of offering some mobile appointments alongside working in the salon.
My question is what equipment do you take?? I have built up quite a range of products and i'm not sure i could physically carry them all.

What do you take with you? Do you take everything?

Obviously the tools and equipment but what products?

It sounds exhausting already to you, but unfortunately you will have to take everything. Even if its little bits of everything its best take it all, just because its sods law for you not bring that one thing and the client will 100% want that. I pack my products in smaller bottles, example, all my liquids are in trial size containers, I have got one beauty cases and two Roo beauty bags, one has all my pedicure and manicure products. The second has all my gel polishes. My trolley has the most in and it consists of all my acrylic powder, the liquids, nail art products, nail polish (which are all miniture sizes so I can carry more). The bottom compartment of it just contains my lamp, my nail drill and all the big parts.
I hope this helps :)

Best thread I have read in ages ladies .. thank you xxx

An old thread but a good one.

Client consultation is key when they book their appointment if you are moblie so you know exactly what the current state of their nails is and what outcome they want.

I have a large trolley/case that separates so I can make it as big or small as I want. It is very heavy to carry around though. I wouldn't like to carry it up flights of stairs! X

Latest posts

Back