Mobile therapist...appointment timing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_chocolate

Reaction score
Hi again! second thread of the evening :)

As a mobile therapist, how do you organise your appointment timing? for example, at a salon you have a manicure and the client is in and out in 30 mins, but when you go to someone's house you have to get there, set up, do the manicure, pack and go... and i'm not just talking manicures, I mean for all forms of beauty. Like this woman I go to for tanning, while I'm setting up she's talking and talking which is great but I only half listen because I'm trying to concentrate on setting up lol and then I have to edge out of the door at the end lol

So because of this im finding it hard to say exactly when i wll be somewhere e.g. 'i have an appointment in place X at 10am for a manicure so i will be at you in place Y at 11.30 and then i can go to my appointment in place Z for 1'

any ideas? thanks! x x x

hey hun just thought id say-ive been trying soooo hard to work this out myself its really awkward when youre trying to be nice and polite but really you NEED TO GO NOW!!!!! lol :lol: any ideas peeps ? xx

hi ya, i know this can be awkward - i set my mobile to sound an alarm when I have no more than 5 mins to be out the door - it works even when the phone itself is on silent! I tell my client that i really have to go as I have another appointment to attend to and I am sure that they understand I wouldn't want to be late! I've even had people help me load stuff in the car!! Never had any complaints - people like to know they're using a popular and busy therapist :)

Its always seems to be the clients that have loads to tell you when your in a hurry! xx

I am so glad you posted this thread as i have to say i am finding it a right pain in th arse! I had 1 client that kept getting up and going outside for a ciggy!! and she made me well late for my next client!!
Be good to see what people come up with...maybe we could take some tape lol x

i always think its a bit of a compliment they treat u as a friend and tell u things......but on the other hand its frustrating when u need to be somewhere else.

i have a mobile client every week who talks and talks and talks....i get on with making her appoinment and writing it on her calender which leads me nicely into telling her when it is and then i make my exit! iv got it down smoothly now lol....think its a case of we'r too soft touches, and some of these people dont have any one else to talk to. maybe if you dont chat to much back their'l get out what they want in the time frame u have?? think its going to be an age old problem.

the alarm sounds a good idea....but i cant believe someone would keep having a ciggy when your there to work! that would wind me up beyond belief!! lol

all you can do is be straight, when u need to go, u need to go, people always appreciate how busy u are if they give u chance to tell them! :)

I am so glad you posted this thread as i have to say i am finding it a right pain in th arse! I had 1 client that kept getting up and going outside for a ciggy!! and she made me well late for my next client!!

I think that I would get there and say something like "I'll just be a few minutes setting up, so why don't you relax and take a ciggy break while you can. I've got to be in xxx by xxx for my next appointment and I don't want to have to break the speed limit :lol:" Then set an alarm on my phone about half an hour before I need to be gone (make it sound like a text) then say "oh, it's just xxx checking that I'm going to be on time". I don't think any of my clients would be offended by this - obviously it has to be said with the right tone, but I think that some people just need a gentle reminder that they are not the only client in the world :)

Cheers,
Hazel

this is a good idear, i am trying to get people to come to my house during the day!! maybe at night i go to them!!!

I always add an extra half hour onto the treatment time to allow for setting up, packing up and a little chat, re-booking etc. If it's a new client, maybe a bit longer.

Kylie I think thats so rude my god she wouldn't do that at a salon why does she think she can treat you like that. Now I am not a smoker But my mum is and I know she could hold out for a couple of hours.

Now I do see the job of Hairdresser, Beauty Therapist, Nail tech as a two fold role as we often take on the role of councillor too people do tend to open up and get rid of their stress which to me is all part of the service I think there would be alot more women in therapy if it wasn't for there weekly/fortnightly manicure :D

Its always seems to be the clients that have loads to tell you when your in a hurry! xx

totally!!! what is it with that! :irked:

once again thanks for all the replies, its so good to know I'm not the only one with this problem! I love the phone alarm idea thats fab!

thanks girlies, any more ideas still very very very welcome lol

xxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back