Mobile waxing - Lycon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajc69

Reaction score
I am thinking of introducing lycon or something similar to my mobile business, just wondering if any mobiles out there are using it, if so is it feasible mobile, especially intimate waxing and can it be done without the use of a couch.. Cheers in advance for replies :green:

Hi, have u used Lycon wax before? I used it on the ship I used to work on and to be honest we all found it a bit messy to work with, when u pull the wax of it didn't come off in one go and left little bits of wax on our floors. xx

Waxing can be done without a couch, but you will need a flat surface and one thats at appropriate height to you also. And something for the client to lie on.
But tbh if I booked a mobile waxer to come to my house I would be expecting them to bring everything they need inc a couch. Not for me to have to lie on my bed etc.

I looked into getting lycon for the salon and the opening order was ridiculas as there was a lot on it that i didnt want or need , a good wax i find is depileve kartite wax , nice and soft on the skin and brill for brazillians ect. Plus i would use a couch for waxing its so much more professional looking, and easier on your back, you can get light portable ones that fold up and down easy.

I would definately expect someone turning up to do waxing to bring a couch with them. Most surfaces a client would have to lie on are not suitable or appropriate. Also the working height will not be correct which could lead to a back injury.

Lycon is a very good wax, my personal preference is for Perron Rigot though. They don't have any opening order requirements, indeed you can buy it from Beauty Express too.

Mat

I looked into getting lycon for the salon and the opening order was ridiculas as there was a lot on it that i didnt want or need , a good wax i find is depileve kartite wax , nice and soft on the skin and brill for brazillians ect. Plus i would use a couch for waxing its so much more professional looking, and easier on your back, you can get light portable ones that fold up and down easy.

i know i rang today to enquire about their hot wax just to try it and was told the minimum opening order price. needless to say that put a stop to that idea, was very expensive.

Thanks for that girls I think my decision has been made for me thanks everyone :)

You have to be professional so a couch is a must xx

Latest posts

Back