Mobile waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdoran

Reaction score
Quick question guys?

how do you guys do leg, underarm, bikni, eyebrow waxing mobile
eyesbrows arent so bad, but was just wondering with leg ect.
as im a qualified beauty therapist and looking to go mobile ( got taught at college to use a couch, but cant take a couch to clients houses)

Thanks Mdoran

Quick question guys?

how do you guys do leg, underarm, bikni, eyebrow waxing mobile
eyesbrows arent so bad, but was just wondering with leg ect.
as im a qualified beauty therapist and looking to go mobile ( got taught at college to use a couch, but cant take a couch to clients houses)

Thanks Mdoran
I think you would struggle to offer a mobile waxing service without a couch.
The portable couches are quite lightweight so not too heavy to carry from your car to the clients home.

Why aren't you able to use a couch? I wouldn't advise performing waxing treatments regularly without a couch, it's not going to do your back any good working from sofas etc, and certainly isn't professional to have clients led on their floor/bed etc. You also risk dripping wax on their furniture.

ok ive seen people offering it, but i wasnt sure how to do it without a couch. i thought maybe getting them to sit on a chair or there sofa, with a plastic sheet?

I don't think it would appear professional to offer waxing using their sofa or a chair. Also think how low a lot of sofas are, your back would be in bits after a few months. Invest in a lightweight treatment couch, most come with a case. My case has wheels on it so can be wheeled from the car if need be,to the clients home. Just because you are offering treatments in clients house doesn't mean you should cut corners...you are offering a professional treatment, can you imagine waxing on a sofa in a salon environment.

As others have said, I personally think you will struggle to work professionally without a couch. My thoughts:

You risk damaging the client's furniture / carpets
You risk rsi / strain to your back
The client is not likely to be as comfortable
You won't be able to get the right stretch / limb placement for the best results
Beds / sofas don't 'push back' because they are soft and sprung - meaning there isn't as good a support for the tissue when you stretch
It doesn't look professional - people will think you are still training
It is not as hygienic - fleas, bacteria and dirt all hang around on other people's furniture

What is the problem with your couch? Is it not foldable? You can often find second hand foldable couches really cheaply on local selling sites (and a new one on ebay is less than £100).

Dont do it without a portable plinth. Years to come like me you will regretted it. We all young and agile in our youth , you pay price with your back later days in your 30's ++

I don't want to sound harsh or mean but if I booked someone to come to my house to wax me and they arrived without a couch/bed and told me to 'hop up on the sofa' I'd be thinking what is this girl at and wouldn't be booking her again.
You can't do mobile waxing without a couch, there's no ifs or buts or ways around it. Sorry.

ooo I agree I am mobile and very short 5Ft nothing but I still have a couch and all my kit I often say to my clients I make it look harder than it is! as I struggle up to their houses (of course I dont! I am really struggling but hey ho!) I think to turn up without one is very unprofessional and if I were like client I wouldnt like to have waxing done on my bed or sofa. Also you could really hurt your back with all the awkward positioning which isnt fair on you. You can get lightweight aluminium foldable couches on ebay at a good price :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

As everyone has said, you absolutely have to have a couch for mobile waxing. You can get good quality lightweight portable couches from all the beauty suppliers. The quality, hygiene & professionalism of your treatments should be no different from those offered in a salon.
If you invest in good quality equipment & products to back up your skills as a therapist you will get the positive word-of-mouth from clients that you need for a successful mobile business. Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back