Mobile - What equipment is needed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luxury Beauty

Reaction score
Hello

I have had afew requests from clients if its possible to come to their home and do treatments. I have a few questions about doing mobile treatments.

I have a portable couch but what other pieces of equipment would i need as everything else i have is more for salon use.

Do you take your own towels and do you take the full bottles of products or take smaller ones?

Is there a minimum charge? And for anyone in london what is the maximum number of miles you will be willing to travel to?

Do i need to notify my car insurance? As i have known people where their car has been broken into and everything has been stolen!

I also use cream wax and i was thinking it must take a while for it to heat up.

Hope someone can help!
xx

I take my couch and a portable chair.

I pack my things into a bag on rollers so that it is easy to move.

I transferred larger bottles into smaller ones and have a portable steamer.

I heat my wax where possible before I set off for the client.

I take my own towels and a heated blanket so I don't have to worry about what I spill on them and I also think it gives a more complete professional service.

I have mobile therapists insurance call your current insurer they may be able to transfer your cover from business premises to mobile.

I never leave anything in my car so do not have cover for that.

You need to change your car insurance to cover business use as well as personal use.

I have a minimum call out of £25 but it's really up to you where you set it.

I also have a restricted area that I cover whereby maximum journeys take 30mins even in traffic. :hug:

Thank you my love
x

You're welcome :hug: Also I think if I started over I would say no flats unless they have a lift! I have committed myself to some 5th floor clients!- big mistake!

Last edited:
I take my couch, extension lead (vital for certain treatments yet easy to forget!), a protective sheet for client's floor (shower curtain), towels, pillows. I decant into smaller bottles to save on space. I take a CD player with relaxing music. Depends on treatment I'm doing as to what I take obviously. Foot spa, heated mitts, heated boots for manis and pedis. Wax roller system for waxing which is great to transport. Spray paraffin system for paraffin treatments. Hot stone heated and stones for hot stone massage. I also have a little table and I always take my own stool too. Consultations forms for new clients. Aftercare sheets for some treatments, eg waxing. A pen. Some change. Some of my leaflets and cards to write next appointments on. Oh and my diary!! Always carry a bottle of oil then if someone says, 'oh can I just have a massage if you've time', you can do it, no problem. Always carrying my eyelash tint test kit too so I don't have to go back if they need a tint test. HTH! x

I take my couch, extension lead (vital for certain treatments yet easy to forget!), a protective sheet for client's floor (shower curtain), towels, pillows. I decant into smaller bottles to save on space. I take a CD player with relaxing music. Depends on treatment I'm doing as to what I take obviously. Foot spa, heated mitts, heated boots for manis and pedis. Wax roller system for waxing which is great to transport. Spray paraffin system for paraffin treatments. Hot stone heated and stones for hot stone massage. I also have a little table and I always take my own stool too. Consultations forms for new clients. Aftercare sheets for some treatments, eg waxing. A pen. Some change. Some of my leaflets and cards to write next appointments on. Oh and my diary!! Always carry a bottle of oil then if someone says, 'oh can I just have a massage if you've time', you can do it, no problem. Always carrying my eyelash tint test kit too so I don't have to go back if they need a tint test. HTH! x

How do you do hot stones massage when your mobile. Do you carry the heater as well?

I take my couch and a portable chair.

I pack my things into a bag on rollers so that it is easy to move.

I transferred larger bottles into smaller ones and have a portable steamer.

I heat my wax where possible before I set off for the client.

I take my own towels and a heated blanket so I don't have to worry about what I spill on them and I also think it gives a more complete professional service.

I have mobile therapists insurance call your current insurer they may be able to transfer your cover from business premises to mobile.

I never leave anything in my car so do not have cover for that.

You need to change your car insurance to cover business use as well as personal use.

I have a minimum call out of £25 but it's really up to you where you set it.

I also have a restricted area that I cover whereby maximum journeys take 30mins even in traffic. :hug:

i also take a portable trolley to put my products on

http://www.hive-online.com/v3/product.asp?id=231

my products and equipment are in a trolley case

Beauty Boxes

superdrug do some great value bottles for lotions, sprays etc

How do you do hot stones massage when your mobile. Do you carry the heater as well?

Hi again, yes just take the heater and stones, it's not that big so it's fine.

ok, shoot the blonde one (me) but what do you put the clients money in? A little pouc or some kind of portable till? sorry to hijack this thread btw :)

I would take my mobile terminal to accept card payments and i just keep that in my hand bag and i would take some change in case the client wanted to pay in cash.

Hello

I have had afew requests from clients if its possible to come to their home and do treatments. I have a few questions about doing mobile treatments.

I have a portable couch but what other pieces of equipment would i need as everything else i have is more for salon use.

i take my nail table, bowls, extension cord, etc

Do you take your own towels and do you take the full bottles of products or take smaller ones?

i take my own towels and have smaller sized bottles in my box

Is there a minimum charge? And for anyone in london what is the maximum number of miles you will be willing to travel to?

yes i have a minimum £5 call out charge (will go up once im doing enhancements not just manis etc)

Do i need to notify my car insurance? As i have known people where their car has been broken into and everything has been stolen!

yes you need to make sure you have business use as well as social and domestic on your policy, mine added about £50 to my policy, i dont leave anything in my car overnight, and i also have the triple box on wheels, which is much more easy to move around and easy to take in and out of car/house etc

I also use cream wax and i was thinking it must take a while for it to heat up.

ive not done waxing yet, but for same reason , do not do paraffin wax mobile

Hope someone can help!
xx

hths hun x

ok, shoot the blonde one (me) but what do you put the clients money in? A little pouc or some kind of portable till? sorry to hijack this thread btw :)

My wallet! I only accept cash or chq.

Latest posts

Back