mobiling tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jem87

Reaction score
Have any of you fellow mobile therapist got any tips when starting out as a mobile therapist?
increasing clientelle?
travelling?
carry equipment?
etc etc.
Just want to try and make my start to committing myself as a full time mobile therapist

im full time mobile
All i can really say is
1.be prepered that most work will be unpaid. Marketing/advertising/traveling
2.Be prepeared for slow weeks.........no two weeks can be the same you might be busy one week and quiet the next.
3.Take business cards everywhere
4.Leave clients business cards to encourage word of mouth
5. Spray tan family and friend regular for advertisement
6.stay with in a 5-10mile radious
7.Dont undercut your self , you get what you pay for
8. When times are slow believe in your self & your business
9.Take advantage of all the free web advertising gumtree,facebook etc
10. Try and carry your equiptment in a trolly case or something thats easy to manuvre rather than individual bags.
11.Do special offers..........but also extra special offers for your loyal clients, Those are what keeps your business going so treat them once in a while.
12. WEBSITE ........id say is very important.
13. Car stickers ........advertise on the move.

Thats some there what i can think of. You dont have to go above and beyond and spend loads.
As they say word of mouth is the best way.
Just keep up the good work , but it is a situation where it doesnt happen over night you have to keep plugging at it.

Hope this has helped in some way :lol:

Yes thats has helped thank you x

Great advice ABDiva!x

im full time mobile
All i can really say is
1.be prepered that most work will be unpaid. Marketing/advertising/traveling
2.Be prepeared for slow weeks.........no two weeks can be the same you might be busy one week and quiet the next.
3.Take business cards everywhere
4.Leave clients business cards to encourage word of mouth
5. Spray tan family and friend regular for advertisement
6.stay with in a 5-10mile radious
7.Dont undercut your self , you get what you pay for
8. When times are slow believe in your self & your business
9.Take advantage of all the free web advertising gumtree,facebook etc
10. Try and carry your equiptment in a trolly case or something thats easy to manuvre rather than individual bags.
11.Do special offers..........but also extra special offers for your loyal clients, Those are what keeps your business going so treat them once in a while.
12. WEBSITE ........id say is very important.
13. Car stickers ........advertise on the move.

Thats some there what i can think of. You dont have to go above and beyond and spend loads.
As they say word of mouth is the best way.
Just keep up the good work , but it is a situation where it doesnt happen over night you have to keep plugging at it.

Hope this has helped in some way :lol:

That is really briliant advice, while I was mobile before and have still done a little bit this year I am now trying to increase my client base for my new company so I am always on the look out for advice and ideas. This is some things I have come across or tried in the past.
  • Try not to travel too far
  • I thought about getting a small suitcase to carry my things in I have a small box but I usually carry towels and things in a bag.
  • Refer a friend scheme
  • A discount if people rebook on the day
  • Retail items in a basket to put by the client while they have a treatment.
  • Local fairs or events
  • welcome packs with some buisness cards in, a price list, a news letter maybe a chocolate or something.
I keep thinking and let you know if i think of anymore x

Latest posts

Back