Monthly room rental rate help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I've recently taken over a beauty business with 2 rooms in separate salons both don't have any storage, heating or water facilities very bare and one room is extremely tiny just a few feet bigger than my couch! I havr to oay for all products and dobt really grt any other benfits from them. I haven't paid any rent for a few months as setting up but she wants £800 a month rent but I don't think that's the right price as business isn't overly busy and don't think I can put money back Into the business and live off and pay my bills please can you help with any advice??

Many thanks

Rowen

I live in norwich which is a city and the average price for renting a room is £25 but that includes all the mod cons and excluding products, sometimes you are even lucky to find a couch put in. I would negotiate with the owner, make a plan and even suggest raising rent in a years time. Sounds a bit steep for what you are getting.

Thanks for the help :) is that £25 a week?

I have a friend who rents a room (she does sports therapy massage only) and pays £140/month. She provides all her own products and equipment and did decorate it etc and I think it will go up a bit shortly - but certainly not to that level! The room is within a gym complex.

HTH?

Debbs :biggrin:

I own a salon and we rent space - chair, therapy room and nail station. We charge £25 per day, we do a deal that if you rent for 5 days it is £100 so in effect they get a free day. That price includes everything except products.

I own a salon and we rent space - chair, therapy room and nail station. We charge £25 per day, we do a deal that if you rent for 5 days it is £100 so in effect they get a free day. That price includes everything except products.

So £400 - £500 is a normal price then? Do you think I should say that I want water and storage in that price as well? Thanks for all your advice x

Hi Selenas, I see you are in Norwich and i wanted to check with you if the £25 is per day or week? I am really struggling trying to find somewhere that doesnt cost the earth whilst only just setting up & am not doing too well finding somewhere (i only need it for 1-2 days a week as well)., i would really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks x

So £400 - £500 is a normal price then? Do you think I should say that I want water and storage in that price as well? Thanks for all your advice x

Yeah I would say £400-500 a month is reasonable and storage and water should be included. X

Ok great thanks for the advise I though that was quite reasonable think Il sit down with her and talk it through. I obviously need a contract too that's another hurdle to get over ha x

Latest posts

Back