More than white - what a timesaver!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
I have had some "more than white" for some time now, but didn't use it as I had not had much success with it on my first attempt. I knew what I had done wrong as I had checked with Geeg so planned to give it another try on a model at some point.

Well last night I gave it another bash. I had a client who could not afford to keep her nails maintained and wanted them removed. So I asked her if she would like a free infill if I could try a new product on her. She had l&p pink and whites (I had hoped to try it on gel but beggars can't be choosers). She didn't need a rebalance to correct the structure and had no lifting, but the white was not quite where it should be. I used the more than white with two coats of clear gel over the top and wow - it was brilliant. Soooo quick, no filing the existing white away. Easy peasy smile line.

I will now use this for all of my gel clients. It will save me a great deal of time and lots of dust too! I will stick to normal methods for l&p, but this stuff is great.

When I compare the cost of this against the white gel - the white gel is more than FOUR TIMES the cost of the more than white. Why didn't I use it before?

Do any of you regular users of this stuff have any good tips for me? I had to apply 3 thin coats to get the coverage, but this gave me a nice result. I gave it a good 2 minutes to dry each time and ensured the I capped the free edge with gel. Does it suffer from more service breakdown than using white gel? Any other problems? I'd love to know.

ella said:
I have had some "more than white" for some time now, but didn't use it as I had not had much success with it on my first attempt. I knew what I had done wrong as I had checked with Geeg so planned to give it another try on a model at some point.

Well last night I gave it another bash. I had a client who could not afford to keep her nails maintained and wanted them removed. So I asked her if she would like a free infill if I could try a new product on her. She had l&p pink and whites (I had hoped to try it on gel but beggars can't be choosers). She didn't need a rebalance to correct the structure and had no lifting, but the white was not quite where it should be. I used the more than white with two coats of clear gel over the top and wow - it was brilliant. Soooo quick, no filing the existing white away. Easy peasy smile line.

I will now use this for all of my gel clients. It will save me a great deal of time and lots of dust too! I will stick to normal methods for l&p, but this stuff is great.

When I compare the cost of this against the white gel - the white gel is more than FOUR TIMES the cost of the more than white. Why didn't I use it before?

Do any of you regular users of this stuff have any good tips for me? I had to apply 3 thin coats to get the coverage, but this gave me a nice result. I gave it a good 2 minutes to dry each time and ensured the I capped the free edge with gel. Does it suffer from more service breakdown than using white gel? Any other problems? I'd love to know.
Hi Ella I too have had a told bottle of MTW for a month or so but can"t seem to get a good result. I was told to sweep in on in one go but how do you get a crisp smileline?

Hi Ella I too have had a bottle of MTW for several weeks and can"t get a good result. I was told to sweep it on in one go and not go back to it until dry then do another coat. I have used nail prep to refine the smile line but that too was"nt a success. I half thought of going back to white gel. :|

I use two strokes - one from each side as I have found that the most effective way. I make it very thin, let it dry then reapply. I applied 3 coats but it says only 2.

Other techs on this group may have some other suggestions.

Hi

have you tried using nail fresh to perfect your smile line? I haven't used mine for a while, but may give it another go on reading your posts, to try and get a nice even finish!

I have used my MTW on clear nail tips, creating a design then applying whatever system i'm using, this is great when people come back for rebalances, no taking off polish and no having to reapply! gawd I'm lazy! :lol:

suey said:
Hi

have you tried using nail fresh to perfect your smile line? I haven't used mine for a while, but may give it another go on reading your posts, to try and get a nice even finish!

I have used my MTW on clear nail tips, creating a design then applying whatever system i'm using, this is great when people come back for rebalances, no taking off polish and no having to reapply! gawd I'm lazy! :lol:
I just love More Than White,
it takes a bit of practice getting the french look right, just like it does when you do a french polish lol..........
Nailfresh is my saviour, I got a spare gel brush (oval) from Designer nails and use this specially for crisping up the smile line..................
Before you use it roll the bottle in your palm for a moment, don't shake it...this will give you a lovely consistency.........
Appart from that, tricks nope ... sounds to me you are all doing fab !!!!!!!!!!

Hi there, Have you tried using the sticky tabs which give a brill smile line, if you use the more than white go over the tab slightly and then peel off before it dries, you ge a fab result. :D

Once you all get the 'feel' of the product, it shouldn't take more then 2 coats (if the free edge is long) or one coat(if the free edge is short) to get a great result.

Spend a little time and learn to use this product. Don't bang it in a cupboard because you didn't get it right first time. We don't bring out products that don't work!! You guys are so impatient! :) How long did it take you to do perfect whites with L&P or gel??? Hmmm? :lol:

The quickest way to get the perfect result is to paint on the product (MTW) as best you can. Take an old brush that is in reasonable condition and dip into NailFresh and use the point of the brush to run along the smile line to make it exactly right and to correct anything you don't like. NailFresh melts the white away and doesn't smear cause it evaporates so quickly ... brilllient for all polish detailing to.

Some time has passed since I made the first post in this thread and my MTW has been very busy! MArvellous stuff. I've used it on all systems and found it really handy for permanent french overlays on natural nails - so quick. Brilliant. I have even used it on toes now to create a fab french effect with some art sandwiched between two coats of clear gel.

I definitely benefited from a few sessions using it on Gladys (my rather old & battered trainer hand) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back