Mortgages - help & advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoshTans

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me??

Me and my partner are looking at applying for a mortgage in the next 6 months, the only problem is that i have poor credit rating yet my partner has a brilliant credit score - will my bad credit effect it when we apply for a mortgage?

Has anyone been in the same situation and was accepted for a mortgage? Or if they had to improve there credit rating before and how did you go about it?

Really worried as we will have the deposit for a house but concerned wevwill be declined due my credit score.

Any advice would be great thanks!! : )

Xx

It really depends on what you mean by bad credit? A few missed payments is very different to CCJs or bankruptcy for example - many lenders have had to be more flexible on minor credit issues such as missed payments due to many people struggling financially in recent years as a result of the economy. Each applicant is looked at separately as well as the application being looked at as a whole so unfortunately if your credit is that bad as your post suggests then you will likely have to improve it before you are able to secure a joint mortgage.

Your best bet is to speak to a whole of market mortgage broker who will be able to look at your situation and give you a definitive answer

Hth x x

My credits not really bad I just don't have credit card or anything etc to make my credit good.

Thanks for your advice, i will probably find out about speaking to a mortgage broker for more advice!

Xx

Hello didn't want to read and run, me and my boyfriend managed to get accepted for a mortgage, he had an ok credit rating as he had had loans. I had nothing so my score was awful but we still managed to scrape through, I think that was down to the independent mortgage advisor we saw. Since then I have had a credit card and a few other bits and managed to raise mine considerably. It's so easy to do, worth looking into :) good luck xx

First things first, Go on experian and get your credit report. Then arrange an appointment with a mortgage advisor, who doesnt charge. They can tell you everything you need to know. GOOD LUCK x

Latest posts

Back