mosaic question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debbienailz

Reaction score
hi everyone
just wondering if i need to put a clear coat of l&p on the nail before and aftewr application of the mosaic powders...i thought that you only needed to put clear over the top but i have just seen in the nail artistry book that you should put it underneath too:confused: ...or you may get staining of the natural nail :eek:
how do you nail geeks out there use mosaic powders
thanks
debbie:biggrin:

I have been told you can do it both ways - I haven't heard of the staining?? Sam can you help here?

When I use the mosaic powders I tend to put a layer of clear at the bottom because I sculpt and I find it easier to rebalance, as I am constantly changing my colours and glitters.

Putting that layer underneath means I can file off all the colour and still leave a layer so I don't damage the natural nail. I also put a lay on top to stop buffing out the glitter. The clear layer on top really makes it sparkle.

Lisa

dazzlingtouch said:
When I use the mosaic powders I tend to put a layer of clear at the bottom because I sculpt and I find it easier to rebalance, as I am constantly changing my colours and glitters.

Putting that layer underneath means I can file off all the colour and still leave a layer so I don't damage the natural nail. I also put a lay on top to stop buffing out the glitter. The clear layer on top really makes it sparkle.

Lisa
thankyou for your replies ...the clear underneath does make sense
thanks
debbie

debbienailz said:
thankyou for your replies ...the clear underneath does make sense
thanks
debbie
a clear layer below will help .when you do a rebalance, its important to be able to check the natural nail for health. if you have a coloured overlay it could be tricky to spot the first signs of pseudo for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back