Mosquito repellant for Jamaica - Anyone know a good one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My advise to you is to buy it there, there's a great one called 'OFF' I use it every time I go to the carribean a doctor there reccommended it to me. I really suffer with mosquitios and have been put in hospital whilst in the carribean because of such bad bites(i'm allergic) hence how I got the doctors reccomendation! x

Question - what is a skeeter?

Is it like a crane fly? Long legs, wings, annoying

Sorry:lol:

It's a "Mosquitoe". Skeeter is american/canadian slang for these flying blood-suckers that sometimes carry the west-nile virus.
Nasty yucky things.

:hug:

I've heard that the British army use the Avon lotion as insect repellant!! must be good :)

My family has used Avon's SSS bath oil for YEAARRRRS.
Well before I became a sale's rep for the products.

And every spring, it sells like hotcakes, several bottles every campaign (a campaign runs 3 wks, then it's different brochure and diff products on special etc). I have not yet seen a summer order that didn't have at least one bottle in it. Once a campaign had just ended, and so it would be another 3wks till the next order came in. A client who was leaving for a camping trip in 2 days had forgotten to order some. She called me in a panic, asking if I had any knowing I couldn't order for her until another 3wks.
I said no. All I had was my own 'OPENED' bottle, that was it. She begged and pleaded, offered double. I said sorry, but my daughter plays tball and NEEDS it so she doesn't get eaten in the field. She says "ok, give me half AND I'll replace it with a full bottle" LOL
Crazy woman. I gave her half the bottle, but refused payment for it. She's been my most loyal client ever since and every spring, as the last snow melts away, she orders 4 bottles making sure she doesn't run out :lol: :lol:

The product you want is the :
Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil Body Spray in Soft and Fresh Fragrance (used to be called Original) My husband and I have used it many times whilst hiking and neither of us has returned home with bites, usually I'm a magnet for all insects.It's a brilliant product.

The product you want is the :
Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil Body Spray in Soft and Fresh Fragrance (used to be called Original) My husband and I have used it many times whilst hiking and neither of us has returned home with bites, usually I'm a magnet for all insects.It's a brilliant product.

Actually, here in Canada the scents for the SSS oils are:
Original
Light and Lush
Soft and Sensual
Renew and Refresh

We don't have a "soft and fresh".
What sells here is the "Original" "SSS Bath Oil Spray" (no reference to dry, as it isn't, it's very oily) as the mosquitoe repellant.

Maybe it's different in the UK.

hth's

The one I have that works is called Skin So Soft Replenishing body lotion-Soft and Fresh. It's in a aqua (greeny/blue) coloured bottle :)

Actually, here in the Uk ( and that is where the enquirer lives), the "Original " fragrance is now called " Soft & Fresh

Actually, here in the Uk ( and that is where the enquirer lives), the "Original " fragrance is now called " Soft & Fresh

Ahhhhhhhhhhh that would explain things:wink2:

I wonder why change the name though? That is odd.
The green bottle(labelling, cap, printing), right?

who knows,prehaps they were just updating the range, i know that when they changed the name they also removed my favourite product The SSS exfoliating body scrub, so if any of you avon reps out there have any of this lying about their homes, i would willingly buy it from you , only in the original frangrance or soft & fresh though

Latest posts

Back