Mother's Day-what will you be doing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Manicure

Reaction score
If you're a mum or have a mum, what will you be doing on Mothers Day?

Hubby, me, our 2 daughters and his mum are going out Saturday evening for a lovely meal.

I have bought myself 2 perfumes to give myself because after the episode I had at Christmas I'm not holding out much hope. (From hubby. The kids will make me some beautiful cards). I'm still waiting for the ring he promised.

My mum died 12 years ago so I can't do anything for her.

What will you all be doing?

Waiting to see if all my hints bare fruit. My boys will come up trumps I'm sure!
And thinking about my mum who died way too young.

It's my birthday on Mother's day so I'm a bit gutted that my 2 sleep ins per year will be rolled in to one! Usually we go away for my b day (just me and hubby) but I felt totally guilty that we would've been away Mothers day so just one night in a local hotel then home sat, Sunday will be spent with my 2 son's visiting mother's/grandmothers. Hoping I get double presents! X

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

We were meant to be leaving that day for a holiday but will not be going now due to the dog being poorly. As for my Mum, she doesn't live around here anymore so I will be arranging getting some flowers sent to her as usual.

Over here though I'm hoping the weather will be pleasant enough to get the garden furniture out of hibernation and set the garden up for Afternoon tea for my inlaws to come down and enjoy. I've done it indoors before but it's not the same.

my eldest is coming home on Friday night for the weekend, as its also my youngest 16th birthday, but hes not in the least interested in celebrating his own birthday. Anyway we are all going out for lunch on staurday to celebrate his birthday and mothers day, as eldest will have to get back to surrey on sunday. both MILs have died, so no grand parents left.

I'm excited for Mother's Day, this is the first one since I left home so I have my mum and my nan coming round and I'm going to surprise them with a totally homemade champagne afternoon tea!

We're having our little girl's 1st birthday party (her birthday's on monday) at my grans so there will be lots of mums all together :) xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I shall be texting my children, trying to make them feel guilty. :wink2:

My mother is no longer with us, and neither is my partners mum. We will light a candle each for them at home and probably one for my sister in law who died last year at 49.

My Mum will be away on holiday, my partners Mum lives 300 miles away and my Granny will also be away. So we won't be doing anything on Sunday. Will be celebrating with them all separately when they're all around. So Sunday will probably just be me and the fella recovering from Saturday night with a hangover ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I will be having an early mothers day :)
My eldest gets a kitchen fitted on the Monday so needs Sunday to empty her kitchen of big stuff so we will be celebrating on Saturday.
All my kids usually club together for one special gift, lots of homemade cards and the ones who still live at home will make me breakfast.
There has been talk of a new CD for the car cause they hate listening to my Ultimate Kylie CD lol.

I will be ensuring my middle granddaughter has something to give her mummy with a handmade card too, my eldest is a single mum too.

A big roastie will be in order also .. yumm!!

Putting flowers on Mums grave (it will be my first Mothering Sunday without her) them visiting my elderly Auntie and taking her some flowers x

Putting flowers on Mums grave (it will be my first Mothering Sunday without her) them visiting my elderly Auntie and taking her some flowers x

Ah xxx thoughts are with you xxx

:hug::hug:

I'll be working all day! My first one too :( xx

Ah xxx thoughts are with you xxx

Thank you! It was her birthday a couple of weeks ago and it was the first time that I could go without having a massive blub! I guess that's a step in the right direction x

I will be thanking God that mum is still with us! Nearly lost her a couple of years ago! She will be 82 this Saturday, so will do something special! My children always do something lovely for me. My husband always buys his mum flowers and when doing so, buys me some too :)

My lovely mum passed away 7 years ago aged 75 so sunday i will take flowers down to her grave as usual. My father passed away when i was 15 so it will be me and my son this sunday, have a good one everyone whatever you will be doing xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not an exciting one for me this year unfortunately.......in the middle of packing to move back home with my two boys to my mums after binning the other half (FINALLY) xxx

I'll be home alone as for the second year running my son's wonderful rugby club has arranged a rugby festival on Mothers Day ffs! Still I'll have the bun in me oven to keep me company whilst I lounge in bed, well as much as any 35 week pregnant woman can lounge, drinking champagne no that's wrong, drinking Gaviscon straight from the bottle ready to do an emergency roll off the bed for probably my hundredth wee! Then when they come home it'll be a nice dinner bath homework and cuddles with my boy :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back