Mothers day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi!

Im really trying to organise myself and get my leaflets out with an offer for mothers day hopefully by the end of next week. BUT - BIG Prob!....
.. Ive no idea what sort of offer to do!

As i only offer manicure & pedicure treatments as well as nail art im a bit stuck as to what to put on offer! I really need to do a manicure offer as ive recently ran a promo on peds! I dont really want to discount the manicures that I offer as I think my prices are very reasonable as it is!
I was thinking of maybe doing something like giving a free file & polish for the daughter when she buys a voucher for a luxury manicure for her mum (or should i do that with a normal manicure as well?).
Or; maybe giving a discount voucher (eg. £5 off when spending over xx amount) to the daughter if she buys a manicure voucher..
.. or, offer s small discount for a manicure & pedicure purchased together (although I have had this as a long-term offer anyway, ive only had one respond to it but then havent promoted it much..)

Or does anyone else have any ideas for me??
Im just so stuck! Obviously I only started in september last year so this is the first Mothers day ive had to promote!

And one more question!!...

If you do sell a voucher for a mani & pedi combined, do you insist that the treatments are done together at the same appointment or allow them to book 2 seperate appointments? Its just the one voucher that I did sell for that offer ended up being for someone who simply didnt have time to have the 2 treatments in one go, she had her manicure in december and now doesnt want the pedicure until the summer! This particular client turned out to be a complete nightmare as well (long story!!) so im now dreading the pedicure! Had i put a time limit on the voucher or insisted treatments were done together my ordeal would have been over much quicker!! lol! - But hind-sight is a great thing hey!

wot about if daughter and mother have appointment 2gether on same day then take discount off both treatments ex pay one full price the other 1/2 price or so much off second treatment:!::hug:

Free nail art with a mani or pedi? Perhaps just give them a choice of a few designs.

As for the other question, no I don't insist that they take both treatments at the same time, BUT they do have to use the voucher within its time limit - I put a 3 month expiry date on mine. I do very occasionally extend the time limit, but only under exceptional circumstances. For instance, a lady bought a voucher for her sister who is expecting a baby very soon. The voucher was for an Indian Head massage and a full body massage. So she came in for the IHM and I've said to her that I'll still do the full body massage even though the voucher will have expired by the time she comes in, as she really wanted it after the baby's born.
You have to be reasonable but not let people take the mick. Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile, so get that expiry date on your vouchers in future!

I now make them do the treatments together. Too many people take advantage!

Ugh - I have been hearing a lot about in the US in some places they can NOT put expirey dates on gift cards etc. - that would suck! I wouldnt offer them anymore!

Thanks for the replies!

How about 'treat your mum to a luxury manicure and recieve a free mini manicure for yourself' (mini mani involves: mini hand massage, cuticles eased back, file & polish).

or 'half-price mini mani when paying for a lux mani' ?

And, If i offer either of these, do i offer it on condition that the treatments are booked for the same appointment? (otherwise, it could mean travelling out again to do the mini manicure and therefore making a loss on fuel etc..)

they both have to be done at the same time :)

1. definetly have a use by date on it, mine are generally 2-3 months. at christmas I stated that the gift voucher had to be used by Feb 29th. Now I have about £300 worth of vouchers that are due to expire very soon.

2. definetly insist that they have the treatments at the same time.

3. don't let your clients dictate to you.

4. special offers that I have put on for March are

* foot treat 30 mins £10 foot soak, exfoliation, mask and massage.
* hand treat 30 mins £10 hand soak, exfoliation, mask and massage.
* facial 1 hour £20 instead of £25

take the opportunity with your special offers to invent new combinations of treatments, thats what makes them special. Special offers DON'T have to be money off, they can be packages of treatments that aren't on your usual treatment menu.

Do you do paraffin wax? Do you use masks? What about a deep nourishing treatment?

I have a few Mothers day offers on I just made up some fliers on Publisher.
Motherday Flyers.jpg

I have a few Mothers day offers on I just made up some fliers on Publisher.
View attachment 5755

Karen,
What's the score with using the CND logo's now? Do you still have to get the flyer approved before you can go ahead with the printing & distribution or have S2 relaxed that now?
When I wanted to use the CND logo, I had to have approval from marketing at Hyperion, which was a bit of a pain tbh. That even applied to my website.

Karen,
What's the score with using the CND logo's now? Do you still have to get the flyer approved before you can go ahead with the printing & distribution or have S2 relaxed that now?
When I wanted to use the CND logo, I had to have approval from marketing at Hyperion, which was a bit of a pain tbh. That even applied to my website.
I got approval from Hyperion but never thought of contacting S2! I better get on to the phone to them tomorrow and find out.

I think the luxury mani with a free file and polish for the daughter is a good idea

I would say treatments must be done together, its so much easier that way

Perhaps: Buy a luxury manicure for your mum & receive a free mini manicure for yourself (My mini man is file & polish) - gets 2 new clients :)
Buy a luxury pedicure & receive a 1/2 price mini mani

Or, Buy a luxury manicure & luxury pedicure for your mum & receive a free mini man or mini ped for yourself. (luxury treatments need to be taken in same appointment as it keeps your time down)

Will try & think of some more variations :)

take the opportunity with your special offers to invent new combinations of treatments, thats what makes them special. Special offers DON'T have to be money off, they can be packages of treatments that aren't on your usual treatment menu.

quote]

I totally agree, that's what I generally do.
My offers for Mother's Day are:

Mum's Paradise Indulgence:
Receive ....
*A 50 minute Hollywood Facial
*A relaxing Back, Neck and Shoulder Massage
*A Beautiful Hands Makeover
*A gorgeous Pampering Foot Treatment including file and polish
*A delicious mug of hot chocolate and a gift bar of luxury Belgian chocolate to finish

Total value £90
You pay only £57, SAVING £33

Mum's Shangri-La Indulgence
Receive .....
*Rose & Geranium Exfoliating Body Scrub
*Grapeseed, Rose & Geranium Body Massage
*Rose & Geranium Body Butter Wrap
*Scalp Massage

Total value £75
You pay only £47, SAVING £28

I offered something similar to the Paradise Indulgence last year & must have sold about 30 or so - not just as vouchers but regular were booking in as well. I've already got a few clients booked in for next month for the above offers :)

wow sarah, you really make your treatment packages sound amazing, they ooze luxury,pampering and total relaxation. Im taking a leaf out of the "sarah book" LOL!!! and going to start to really describe my treatments just like you. Cheers

Hi!

Thanks for all the great replies! Ive had a play around and done a bit of mixing and matching to come up with a great package for mothers day and put a special price on for it! Ive also done the offer of a free mini mani with every lux mani & lux pedi voucher purchased. That way, it will hopefully encourage peeps to spend a little and get a little something back for themselves without me having to hugely discount things all the time!

Thanks again for all the tips!!:green::green: Im printing my leaflets now so fingers crossed:wink2:

wow sarah, you really make your treatment packages sound amazing, they ooze luxury,pampering and total relaxation. Im taking a leaf out of the "sarah book" LOL!!! and going to start to really describe my treatments just like you. Cheers

Aww, thanks hon :hug:

Latest posts

Back