"Moving up" hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RococoUK

Reaction score
I've been contacted today by a lady whos extensionist has moved... She has asked me to "move up" all her hair extensions... I've been on 3 courses all habia approved and I have never heard of this... normaly if they hanging a little low I take them out and re bond and put them back in.... so could someone explain who and how "moving up" is done? x

I have heard this before and certainly not something I would endorse. The support structure would be too weak and could cause traction alopecia.

Maybe just explain to her that this is not your method and it will have to be a full re-fit.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I thought I was going insane and was gonna call the training companies give them an earful!! lol =D

Last edited:
When my clients ring me they say the same 'moving up' I just remove the hair extensions and replace them. I just explain what I have done and they are okay with it.

I've been contacted today by a lady whos extensionist has moved... She has asked me to "move up" all her hair extensions... I've been on 3 courses all habia approved and I have never heard of this... normaly if they hanging a little low I take them out and re bond and put them back in.... so could someone explain who and how "moving up" is done? x
Knowing how clients can put their wording across she may have meant to remove and rebond? as some of mine find this the simplest way to explain and just say to move them up. I often do this on fine hair maybe just the sides and top row earlier than the 12 weeks. The other occasion is when using micro links. poping them open and moving back up the hair. maybe have a face to face consultation and you can see exactely what is needed. x

Thanks guys... I did think remove and put back up but this lady apparently only had them done last month (by somebody else) so I was shocked to hear they needed "moving up"

I thought there was some brilliant technique I hadn't been taught! =D pleased now x

Thanks guys... I did think remove and put back up but this lady apparently only had them done last month (by somebody else) so I was shocked to hear they needed "moving up"

I thought there was some brilliant technique I hadn't been taught! =D pleased now x

LOL, there may still be , keep us informed as if there is I wanna know about it x:green:

LOL, there may still be , keep us informed as if there is I wanna know about it x:green:

right back at ya! lol life would be soooo easy!! x

Latest posts

Back