MP3's and i pods ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought 3 apple mini i pods in the summer for my kids - I was a bit concerned because there had been loads of trouble with them (reported on watchdog) anyway they are still going strong - not sure if they are a bit cheaper now because they brought out the nano which usually brings down the price of the previous model
Got mine directly from apple in the netherlands via the net and they offered inscribing free, so I had the kids names put on them.

You can burn the MP3s from that site I linked to a CD - I have spent the week making Christmas mix CDs for the salon. Just as long as you have some CD burning software (I use Nero but there are loads, Sonic, Veritas etc etc) that will burns MP3s to an audio CD format you're good to go! Plus they are not encoded like many WMA downloads so you can burn as many times as you like.

I got a mini mp3 player last xmas from my hubby, it stores about 30 songs and cost £80. How I wish he had waited a bit.....you can get them with that memory for about £15 now! There I go again with my impatience! but i use mine in the car so it gets used every day. And I can swap and change songs whenever i like. I would like one with more memory now though, I fancy one of those creative zen ones. wouldnt get an ipod as previously mentioned you can only use itunes.

i have a creative zen mirco in blue
its just fab imo
and its compatible with windows media player so you just plug it in and down load your tunes.... it also has a wee radio on it and you can even record the radio if you so wish
i love it and am glad i didnt go for the apple ipod which can only be used with itunes
heres a link to a thread i started when i first got mine.... i was a tad excited ;)
http://www.thenailgeek.com/chit-chat/14598-yipppeeeee-im-v-excited-first-tracks.html

Jess
xox

Sparklepink said:
i have a creative zen mirco in blue
its just fab imo
and its compatible with windows media player so you just plug it in and down load your tunes.... it also has a wee radio on it and you can even record the radio if you so wish
i love it and am glad i didnt go for the apple ipod which can only be used with itunes
heres a link to a thread i started when i first got mine.... i was a tad excited ;)
http://www.thenailgeek.com/chit-chat/14598-yipppeeeee-im-v-excited-first-tracks.htm

Jess
xox

I cant get to your thread off the link for some reason. what size memory has yours got and was it expensive?

ooops i missed a bit on the end of the link all sorted now click away :D

I'm totally confused now Whats an I-tune?
My son wants an ipod nano for xmas.
I was just going to get him one but read this thread and am unsure now but hes adamant he wants one.

marie111 said:
I'm totally confused now Whats an I-tune?
My son wants an ipod nano for xmas.
I was just going to get him one but read this thread and am unsure now but hes adamant he wants one.

itunes is software you need to download either from apples website or i think it mite come with an apple ipod as well....its similar to windows media player but made by apple and nt microsoft... i think .....lol
hth

Jess
xox

Sparklepink said:
ooops i missed a bit on the end of the link all sorted now click away :D

Ah it works now, cheers chick x

I bought hubby a Creative Zen Touch last Christmas, it has a 20 gig hard drive and I think you can put 10,000 tunes on it.....unfortunately, this baby isn't supported by Napster as yet...the sound is amazing and you hear songs in a completely different way as to when you play cds on your hifi....the sound is totally amazing...unless you might be rich enough to have one of those Bose things.....which hubby is dying to get....I'm too scared to enquire about price though!!

Right girls can you help me I want to get my 12 year old a MP3 Player, I know nothing about them but as I have bought most of her presents I do not want to pay too much for this.

What would the best lower priced one be for me to buy she is only 12 years of age so ok I want one that looks nice but she will not worry if it does not store loads and loads of music.

Any help please.

I see you can pick themn up for around £30.00 in lots of places.

Caz xxx

Tesco online are doing 2 really nice MP3 players they are both high memory ones and one plays for 40 hours and the other 50 hours on one battery which makes a big difference they are both £69.99 each. They also do cheaper ones but they only replay for between 10 and 18 hours....so more batteries to buy

BTW dont know if anyones mentioned it but, If you get a 180mb its meant to hold 99 songs... BUT it can hold more.
So if you dont wanna spend too much money get a 180mb or a 256mb.

To get multiple songs do as you would to normally put them on your mp3 player, only make new folders. Im not very good at explaining it, but basically make folders in the mp3player when your on your computer and then put songs into those, that way you have multiple folders, with 99 songs in each one.
Does that make sense?

PS. tradex have got pretty mp3 players, with different colour coverings at the moment.

i thought with ipods you could only download from apple, thus costing you more per track. am i wrong?

but the advantage of an ipod is that it holds LOADS AND LOADS more tunes than an mp3 player.

Marilyn said:
Tesco online are doing 2 really nice MP3 players they are both high memory ones and one plays for 40 hours and the other 50 hours on one battery which makes a big difference they are both £69.99 each. They also do cheaper ones but they only replay for between 10 and 18 hours....so more batteries to buy

Thanks I will have a look although £69.99 is a little high I have already spent £248 pounds on her and not a great deal to show for that I have another 4 kids to pay out for as well and I like to spend the same amount on each one.

I go and have a look and see what I think maybe I could use some christmas money off family for this.

Caz xxx

Toni Talons said:
i thought with ipods you could only download from apple, thus costing you more per track. am i wrong?

but the advantage of an ipod is that it holds LOADS AND LOADS more tunes than an mp3 player.

You can download to your pc from whereever you download from........ and then copy onto your ipod

Suzie.e said:
You can download to your pc from whereever you download from........ and then copy onto your ipod

I think it's illegal to download music you haven't paid for, but there are sites where you pay one fee and can get as much music as you want - not sure really - not my area of expertise!

Latest posts

Back