MUA- Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngawler10

Reaction score
So i did a basic make up course a little while back and have built up skills / confidence on close friends / my sister... i am now building up my kit as have some bridal trials coming up

so iv decided on the mac matchmaster foundation (but cant afford to buy them all at once) any suggestions on what matchmaster shades will be best to get 1st & then i can mix?

and any favourite eyeshadow suggestions would be great (too many to choose from )
Thanks geeks :) x

I can't help with the foundation but eyeshadow palettes for bridal work in particular I can't fault urban decays naked and naked2 palettes absolutely love them and u can do soil much with them.

Have you tried any of the Artdeco range? All of their makeup including foundations is very very good and so reasonable. I found it was quite hard to chose just a few to start up with. Artdeco do tester sized products so if you decide they're not for you then your not stuck with loads of unwanted bits or a massive whole in your pocket of the price x

When i first started buying my studio sculpt from MAC I was told to just purchase the lightest (15) and darkest colors (50) for both Warm and Neutral skin tones then purchase the mid range (35) color in both warm and neutral mix those colors till you match your clients skin tone. Then purchase the foundations in between as you need them.
or
You can just find someone in a similar position that needs to start their kit and go half on the makeup you need. just be sure to also split the containers since you get a free product after returning 10 empty containers.
lastly
I don't carry all 6 of my foundations with me. Every pound... (or since I'm on a U.K site) every kilogram counts when your walking around the city to the next gig. So I place foundation in 1/4oz sample continers they give away at the beauty counters and they work beautifully. It also helps combat a stolen makeup kit. I always have ample product at home if my kit is ever robbed, God forbid.:cry:

I'm looking for similar advice as I'm building my kit from scratch again as college kit was horrendous. I've been looking at the BBU palette and a Ben nye one. The Ben Nye one is about £50 and it gives a good range of shades. The only problem is I'll either have to go to London to get it or buy online which I hate doing.
Mayan great tips! I never thought about carry smaller amounts of product in case the kit gets stolen. I've had parts of my kit stolen in the past and it makes you sick but at least with your idea we wouldn't be totally stuck.

Yeah, I worked with a girl that kept everything in her kit, and her kit in her car. Long story short her car got stolen. if she didn't learn her lesson... i did lol.

you should try and get the ben nye foundation palette or the rcma sampler palette x

staceylouise - where did you get the sampler palette from?
I can only find them on ebay or american sites. I really want shinto x

camera ready cosmetics has a ebay page where it will be direct from the site but more available for people worldwide, im sure if you messege the actual site then they will ship it over x

Just a note to say be careful when choosing foundation anything with light reflective & luminising ingredients in will pick up on photos and make face look shiney and sweaty also SPF higher than 10 tends to puck up on shine. I use mac s pro longwear studio fix and revlon colour stay . X

thank you staceylouise x

Latest posts

Back