MUA what do you think of this course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIVA.GLAM

Reaction score
Hi

I have had a read through, is this a correspondence course? As far as I can see the only contact you will have from a tutor is phone, post or email, is this correct? xx

I'm assuming? :S

Make up is such a hands on skill to learn, I wouldn't advice doing distance learning. I am actually surprised that "the guild" have accredited this type of course. I am not saying that you wont learn anything new from your theory work but there is no substitute for being with your tutor and working on live models with the support of your tutor right beside you also being able to watch them work and ask questions.

If you are serious about furthering your skills Art Deco have been running a series of modular courses, I think they are £199 each and they range from basic, bridal, fashion & media, photography & period/vintage. You can pick as many or as few modules as you want and the tutors are excellent and the make up is lovely. (i don't work for or with them by the way, just rate them and the products highly)

All the best with choosing the right course for you xx

I have a VTCT in make up and wasn't sure if it was as recognised as NVQ. I feel confident with the make up skills I have and wasn't looking to go into fashion or media etc but wondered if gaining an NVQ of some sort in make up would stand better than VTCT?

Latest posts

Back