Much needed advice on education !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhayley10xx

Reaction score
hi all ok where to start....
well i am a nail tech iv worked up london then decided to rent my own space, had clients enquire about waxing etc so decided to study level 2 beauty therapy, after gaining some experience within a salon iam now a mobile therapist in level 2 beauty therapy, i decided to go back to college to do level three beauty therapy and love the body massage, indian head and eletro facials but hate every think else with a passion !!
i love our industry and my job but college is getting me down and i needs some advice about leaving college and doing my level three within units instead, and was wondering if there was any body else who has been in this situation would be great to hear from u if you have thanks xxxxx

Is it really so unbearable that you can hang on for a few more months to complete your level 3? Which parts of the course do you dislike?

its making me unhappy what is showing on my work, and im not really taking any think in so i feel like "a jack of all trades and a master of none"

its the body electrical and electroylsis xx

I must admit I never really got on with body electricals either, so I don't so them now, but I had to do them to get my qualification. If you only need to get through your course, just hang on in there and work through it. You can stop doing them as soon as you finish college. Unfortunately if you want the full level 3 qualification you'll just have to grit your teeth, get your head down and keep going.

Do you feel like that because you don't feel confident with those treatments? If that's the case, why not have a chat with your tutor? I'm sure she'll be happy to help you out.

Back