Mums AWOL nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louge

Reaction score
Got a problem but its only with my mums nails. I think they are excesively oily. I done a set of L&P enhancements and used nail fresh as well as acid free primer as I have had problems with her nails in the past. Im a bit worried as we all go on holiday tomorrow and at the rate that she is loosing them she wont have any on by the time we take off.
Basically she has lost two in the past two days but the whole enhancement is coming off literally, and through no pressure to them.
I have been very thorough with my prep and application is balanced so am stumped as what to do to keep them intact.
Any ideas?

You do all systems, so why persevere with a system that clearly her nails do not like for whatever reason. Personally in 20years, I have never run across these excessively oily nail plates that everyone blames for lifting problems. There could be another explanation entirely and most likely there is.

In any case, you have several choices available to her so I would try another system. If she looses one or 2 nails then replace one with a wrap and another with a gel and experiment a little to find what her nails do like.

Have you tried prepping and srub/nailfreshing two at a time, then applying product? I do this on my mums as she has probs with oily nail plates and it has helped.:) :)

Okay not saying this is the case, but I have recently had my thumb nail lift almost straight off twice in a row, and without doing anything to it ... or so I thought. I happened to notice that when walking to the gym and holding my gym bag which has thin rope handles, the way that I was carrying it meant that the weight of the rope was right across my thumb nail, and it was this pressure that was forcing it to lift right off!!!! I now wear it like a backpack as it should be and voila no mega lifting. BUT it does go to show that sometimes you really really need to look outside the box to find the cause of the problem.

So often we blame poor prep or those excessive oily nails, when the problem can be something really trivial. I would have been one of those clients who said it just pinged off, or lifted off and did nothing!

Thanks for the replies. I have previously tried gel and wraps on her nails with the same problems. I know she is also the most clumbsy woman on the planet so she could have banged them at some point without realising.

I should have said the reason I think its a problem with her nailplates rather than prep is because she had problems with them a few years back where they were peeling and breaking ALOT so the doctor took some clippings to get them analised. Out of memory I dont think she got a definate result as to the problem but I can remember some tablets being perscribed, my mum cant remember the name either.

I think she just isn't suitable for enhancements if thats possible. Will wait to see how long the current ones last.

Some people just aren't suitable fore enhancements no matter what you try. It's frustrating when it happens but sometimes you just have to admit defeat!

Latest posts

Back