Murder Mystery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAIL FRENZY

Reaction score
Just thought I would share my experience of last night, (I won't say where it was because someone may sue my ass off!!). :lol: Well we all set off for our very long awaited murder mystery evening (more like murder misery evening!). The minute we walked out the door it started pelting down with rain which my hair really did'nt like. ;) We got lost on the way but still got their on time 7.30 pm and when we arrived at the place (which shall remain unnamed) their was a very nice lady watiing to greet us. She was dithering with the cold and told us we may need to keep our coats on as the place was cold (we did - all night).

None of us had eaten, as we knew we were gettin a three course meal and of course we were all reeeally hungry. Anyway we were told that dinner would'nt be served untill 9.45pm. So after a bit of swearing and stopping one of the party from eating her beer mat, we shared a packet of polos :lick: and decided to check out the bar for crisps or nuts ect. WELL, when we saw the bar, we nearly died, cans of cheapo lager, nasty cheap cartons of wine and bottles of pop - and NO FOOD :rolleyes: . Anyway, we had waited ages for this evening (6 months booked ahead) and tried to remain hysterically positive, we sat and waited for someone to croak it at the next table and thought let the game begin!! :cool:

NO, no suprises it was a bloody play! Anyway after 40 winks and a glass of slop we were whisked around to question the actors on our murder investigation. THEN our meal was served, OH MY LIFE, our 3 course meal consisted of a bowl of soup, 2 chicken drumsticks (or maybe pidgeon drumsticks) a piece of bread, 1 slab of cheese, an apple and an orange all served on the same plate! :cry: The little sweet treat for afters was treacle tart which I promptly broke my tooth in half with, on the first bite!! :mad:

Well all I can say is the actors were good, and our team got the motive right, but the murderer wrong and I will never as long as I live go there again. We were all too cold, tired and hungry to compain, but will have lots of fun with their "please post back your comments survey" :irked:

Aww Sue, you did make me laugh you wrote that so well LOL.
Its almost guaranteed it will rain, but that adds to the mystery of the evening no?? OK no LOL.
Was it advertised differently?? If so, scare them with the trades descriptions act & let us know what you wrote on the comments survey.

Karen S.

What a shame, i love murder mystery evenings, but, thankfully have never been to one so bad!

You can get ones to do at home which are great fun with everyone dressing up at playing the part...at least the food would be better, and you wouldn't ruin your hair! :hug:

suey said:
What a shame, i love murder mystery evenings, but, thankfully have never been to one so bad!

You can get ones to do at home which are great fun with everyone dressing up at playing the part...at least the food would be better, and you wouldn't ruin your hair! :hug:

:lol: That sounds better, don't know about the food being better though if I'm cooking it. Probably end up with a real murder mystery "Party of guests with serious food poisoning!"

Hmm, same here Sue, not much of a 'who done it' then lol!

nailtech said:
Aww Sue, you did make me laugh you wrote that so well LOL.
Its almost guaranteed it will rain, but that adds to the mystery of the evening no?? OK no LOL.
Was it advertised differently?? If so, scare them with the trades descriptions act & let us know what you wrote on the comments survey.

Karen S.

It was just advertised as a Murder Mystery evening with a three course plated meal (did'nt say 3 courses on one plate lol). Will let you know about comments, as long as the language is clean enough to put on here!!

Soo said:
It was just advertised as a Murder Mystery evening with a three course plated meal (did'nt say 3 courses on one plate lol). Will let you know about comments, as long as the language is clean enough to put on here!!

LOL I look forward to that, however colourful LOL. You can use some *** in the middle of words LOL :twisted:

Latest posts

Back