My 1st photo comp entry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystaltippers

Reaction score
Thought as no one else has put their photo entries up I'd be the first. I've put it in the gallery.

It was my first attempt at any kind of competition and I was pleased and relieved when I came 5th.

I've never done anything like this before and it was really scary waiting to find out where I'd placed, but worth it in the end.

Anyway critique welcome.
Thanks

Sue

They look lovely Sue, Huge Congrats on placing 5th in your first ever photo comp.
Shame the pic isn't bigger as I'd like to see more of the nails!

its fab hun, wish the pic was a bit bigger xxxxx

Tried to upload larger one but it wouldn't work. Sandi has pm'd me to forward bigger one so she can put it up for me.

So hopefully better pic on it's way
Sue

Tried to upload larger one but it wouldn't work. Sandi has pm'd me to forward bigger one so she can put it up for me.

So hopefully better pic on it's way
Sue
thats brill hun, thanks for sharing you pic xx

That's OK. I work with Chocolate and she was saying that there weren't many photos up on the site yet from the comps and told me I should put mine up. Feel a bit out there now though!!

Sue

thanks for sending me the bigger sized photo, i've reduced it slightly as it was huge lol

absolutely gorgeous... love the nails, especially the Marilyn ones :D

Thanks Sandi

That's much better you can actually see the marilyn picture, which was lost on my upload

Well done hun they are fab - love all the different styles :hug:

wow!!! it looks even better - well done xxxxxxxxx

Beautiful picture, and stunning nail work well done, i must say i do not give critique often as i find i can't be honest on here, but really beautiful work. I would upload my entry which came 6th if someone would explain how to do it

Brilliant!!
I love it, and love that you used different mediums for your art!!

Only 5th?
Gee whiz, were the other nails made of platinum and gold or something?

Lovely work!
Please keep sharing!

i must say i do not give critique often as i find i can't be honest on here
why not?
I did a poll a while back about giving 'honest' critique (click here)... it's not good telling peeps that their nails rock when it's plain to see they don't!!! doing that won't help anyone, being honest and offering ways to improve aswell as pointing out the faults WILL HELP :wink2:

Brilliant!!
Only 5th?

Lovely work!
Please keep sharing!

My sentiments exactly, they look fabulous, well done!

why not?
I did a poll a while back about giving 'honest' critique (click here)... it's not good telling peeps that their nails rock when it's plain to see they don't!!! doing that won't help anyone, being honest and offering ways to improve aswell as pointing out the faults WILL HELP :wink2:
i agree that we need to give constructive critique, but i read threads that give the impresion that people don't know how to learn from this. i am all for it so i will give it in the future, and if i get slammed for it so be it!!

VHunter said:
Only 5th?

You are too nice!! :)

I saw the other entries that placed higher and they were very good. I particularly liked the effect that Gloria got with her black and white with coloured nails and lips it stood out for me, although the picture that got 1st place (Kirsty Meakin's) had fantastic nail art and was very vividly coloured. They deserved to do better than little old me on her first go. Not that I would have objected to winning of course.........

Hopefully they'll all be in PN in November.

Sue

i agree that we need to give constructive critique, but i read threads that give the impresion that people don't know how to learn from this. i am all for it so i will give it in the future, and if i get slammed for it so be it!!

What was your picture?

was the picture by a professional photographer??? mine wasnt and the feedback was that, that was what let me down.

Latest posts

Back