My 2nd set of L&P french - Please be honest! :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachael29

Reaction score
Hi, I'm training with CND. These are my second set of L&P P&W's.. I'd like to know your opinions - what I can focus on and improve.. No need to fluff answers just be brutally honest! ;)
Pic is before & after.
Thank you! :D

These look really good for your second set - nice transformation from the natural nails :)

Hiya, what a transformation, i love before and after pics..:)

I have a couple of little pointers for you, firstly..keep an eye on your side walls, some are filed too much ( ring finger) and some aren't filed straight enough.(left hand middle finger)
Also always check your apex...you dont want a 'lump' on the nail tip.(left hand,pinky finger in particular)
and one last thing..its hard to make out, but it looks like the nails have a slightly bumpy surface, and when you apply your top gel gloss, these bumps are much more noticable,especially when a light hits them. A tip.... I always buff the surface of the nail with a white block, this levels out any little imperfections..ready for glossing. :)
I hth as i know where you're coming from...good luck !!

xxx

Not bad at all for your second set, well done!! I agree with Angels comments also. Just a little tip for checking for bumps & unevenness use your thumb to feel all over the nail plate. When I 1st started many moons ago I used to close my eyes for some strange reason when I did this, not to sure it helped me feel them more but I am sure my clients thought I was nuts.........still am :)

Good luck and keep practising the more you do the more confident you get.

Do you know what? For a second attempt I think you should feel very proud of yourself! You have obviously listened and learned and put into practice all you have been told. If you continue like this you will be an excellent nail tech.

I agree with the other comments and Deb made me laugh when she said about closing her eyes, I hadn't thought about it but it is what I do as well. You can feel every little bump and dip with your eyes closed!

Well done my darling, you are well on your way!! :hug:

Wow! I wish my second set looked like that.

Have you used tips or sculpted the white?x

Latest posts

Back