My babble about my new hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks

so i have wanted to colour my hair red for a long time but have always been worried my clients might think it is a little inappropriate, i have a lot of elderly clients so do you think this will be ok? my natural hair colour is about a 6 but at the moment i've had a highlight overdose!

I'm thinking (i promise i just like the colour) amy childs red like something inbetween the two pictures attached, not pillar box red.

Also, do you think goldwell 6R will do it? or maybe abit of RR splashed in? i'm worried 6rb will darken it abit too much or will it? don't worry people i am a qualified hairdresser and trained in goldwell but am abit rusty :lol: also what shampoo and conditioner are good for dyed red hair? i have seen alot about colour balls but can only find them at capital? thanks in advance x

Attachments

• Amy Childs 2013.jpg
    Amy Childs 2013.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 6,131
  • amy-childs.jpg
    amy-childs.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 2,993
not sure about the colours and that but shampooing and conditioning wise affienge hot shots is the best in my experience, my mum had red hair and used that and it was amazing everytime.

not sure about the colours and that but shampooing and conditioning wise affienge hot shots is the best in my experience, my mum had red hair and used that and it was amazing everytime.

ooo thank you, i will have a look at them :)

there must be something in the air, i'm thinking of a change to red as well! i'm afraid i don't know anything about goldwell colours lovie, the first pic looks as if it has a red/violet tone? i've read some very good things on here about joico shampoos and conditioners for reds too xxx

Last edited:
there must be something in the air, i'm thinking of a change to red as well! i'm afraid i don't know anything about goldwell colours lovie, the first pic looks as if it has a red/violet tone? i've read some very good things on here about joico shampoos and conditioners for reds too xxx

haha well i've been thinking it for ages so i just thought... hey ho may aswell give it a try! whats the worst that could happen? also i feel like a need a change, i feel boring! i've just rammed all the colours i think that would work in my basket and going to have a play. I'll have a look at those, thank you and good luck with yours too :D

I think 7r with some rr mix. 6r will be to dark x

haha well i've been thinking it for ages so i just thought... hey ho may aswell give it a try! whats the worst that could happen? also i feel like a need a change, i feel boring! i've just rammed all the colours i think that would work in my basket and going to have a play. I'll have a look at those, thank you and good luck with yours too :D
lol i'm sitting with 4 different tints in front of me,now just too decide on what to mix, i'm like a witch hunched over a tint bowl hahaha xxx

I think 7r with some rr mix. 6r will be to dark x

ooo thank you, i couldn't find a 7r on ellisons or salon services, i'll have a look on capital tomorrow :)

lol i'm sitting with 4 different tints in front of me,now just too decide on what to mix, i'm like a witch hunched over a tint bowl hahaha xxx

haha this is what i miss about hairdressing, mixing a little bit of this and a little bit of that and then waiting to see what the result is, i was usually quite lucky in the respect that i had mixed god knows what and it usually came out pretty good. i'm guessing everyone has gathered why i didn't carry on hairdressing as a career :lol:

haha this is what i miss about hairdressing, mixing a little bit of this and a little bit of that and then waiting to see what the result is, i was usually quite lucky in the respect that i had mixed god knows what and it usually came out pretty good. i'm guessing everyone has gathered why i didn't carry on hairdressing as a career :lol:[/QUOTE]
lol thats the fun part isn't it,having a play and seeing what you come up with!
well my hair is now a very soft copper blonde, with a little ash and violet to soften it! i think i'll go brighter the next time:D

aww sounds lovely. I'm not doing mine till the first week of May now because that's when i'm getting my haircut so it will look super fab. although i have been sat down and told by my father that i will look like something off the jeremy kyle show?! haha bless his cotton socks x

Have you coloured your hair? X

Latest posts

Back