My Bump's Started Kicking!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Up To Scratch

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

Just had to post and tell you all, 'cos I'm soooo chuffed... for the last week or so Tris (sexy boyfriend) and I have been able to feel the baby move AND KICK!!! :D :D :D

In fact, "Bump" has taken to playing a little game with Daddy where he/she follows his hand around if he moves it across my tummy :cool: .

Just can't wait for next scan now... 7th October isn't that far away, right?! :lol:

G. xx :D :D :D :D :D

how cool must that feeling be....it will be another few weeks before i get to experience that....why not post your scan and let us all see your special little person........my next scan is on the 1st of october :)

stanleyann

hi ya wow its an amazing feeling isnt it i remember when mine first kicked ,she was always awake at night time giving me a kick in the ribs lol u wait till u baby gets big i use to relax in the bath and she use to turn in my stomach its use to go all weird shapes i loved being pregnant good luck xx:)

Oooh Stanley Ann, you're much smarter than me... I wouldn't have a clue how to upload pics!! :o (don't I need to be a Premium Geek?)

V exciting that your next scan's soon - mine would've been now(ish), but I had to rearrange to suit Bump's Daddy and Grandma :rolleyes: it's just not fair! Anyhoo, I'm just being impatient...

Hope you're keeping well chick, G. x

Up To Scratch said:
Oooh Stanley Ann, you're much smarter than me... I wouldn't have a clue how to upload pics!! :o (don't I need to be a Premium Geek?)

now theres a thing....i'm not too sure about that one....lol

this will be my third scan, i had to have one last week after having a little scare............i'm only just 13 weeks but all my muscles and ligaments are constantly aching already due to the pressure and stretching.....i'm actually dreading the weeks going on to be honest as it will probably get a lot worse :| i have fibromyalgia and i think that may be why i am feeling it so much as early on as this....never mind it will be worth it in the end.

let us know how your scan goes and if baby performs anything special for getting its photo taken as they tend to be little posers for the camera....lol :lol:

stanleyann

Last time I had a scan, mine wouldn't stay still - so definitely a little poser :D

I too have had two scans already (@ 10wks4days and 13wks) & am now 20 weeks & will be having my third scan. Try not to worry too much about the ligament pain - I suffered with it really badly (which was horrible as I've had a miscarriage before and it really made me panic) but it has definitely calmed down a lot in recent weeks.

My Mom's just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (isn't it scary how much we have in common, when we scratch the surface?!) so any advice/info you can pass on would be great. And, of course, any advice/info/reassurance you want from me, just ask. :D

after having a miscarraige myself in march i do worry at every little ache and pain.......its so hard not to.

like yourself my first scan was at 10 weeks 3 days then again at 12 weeks 3 days so my next one i will be 14 weeks and 3 days......its amazing the difference a few weeks between scans can make, my first scan was just a blur but the second one there was much more clear to make out.

i'm sorry to hear your mum has fibro.....its not a life threatening illness but its a bloody painfull one :(

there are a lot of other things that go with it....chronic fatigue syndrome.......irritable bowel and depression are 3 of the worst.....i have suffered with fibro for ten years now but unlike when i first got it when it was constant for almost 2 years i can have very good spells now.

the cold wet weather affects it a lot so tell your mum always to keep herself wrapped up well and to avoid going out in the rain or wind, hard i know but it really does help to avoid these weather conditions........also tell her to take it easy when doing anything physical as even so much as hoovering can leave her in a lot of pain.

have a search on the net as there are a lot of websites about the condition now which would be good to help her understand things better.

stanleyann

Hello all!

I too am with child - 27 weeks - so now i can see the ripples of movement actually on the surface of my bump!! its so funny and exciting and weird all at once. my elbow has been pushed away from my side on occasion - obviously an attention-seeker!! (bit like his dad!!!)

I am really enjoying being pregnant!!!!

Good luck to all of you.
:D :D :D

ooh Im getting broody reading this thread. I miss the feeling of the babe kicking and moving inside you, its a wonderful feeling. Best wishes to all of you who are pregnant, enjoy your pregnancies and find any excuse to relax. Cos once your bouncing babes arrive, that time will be scarce

Love and hugs xxx

What an amazing feeling eh :biggrin:

I think the thing i loved when i was pregnant was when my baby rolled over in my belly. She must have done as you could see a point of an elbow or something. My hubby watched with a look that can only be descibed as.....oh my god, its really in there........ as this point went from one side of my belly to the other. Hr ruined it slightley when he said it resembled the alien trying to get out. Its a great feeling though isn't it.:D

Oh bless ya enjoy every min of it I did even though it was ermmmmmmmmmm 21 yrs ago lol

Take care Dawnie x

I am sooooooo jealous of you all. I LOVED being pregnant, it's a wonderful, special proud feeling. Painful & often uncomfortable but hey, I would do it over & over if my body could take it.
I cherished every moment of my pregnancies, even the unplanned ones :o & 4 c sections, pre eclampsia, blood transfusions & daily self administered injections due to a Pulminary Embolism is, I think enough for any mum.

And my last beautiful bundle of joy, little Harvey will be 2 tomorrow. God how the time flies. I remember the night before we had him, there was an earth tremmor ( a sunday night, late ) & Paul made a joke about how he hoped it didn't get too bad cos the table, which apparently is an ideal place to take cover from such situations was in the kitchen BUT still flat packed as we'd got it from Ikea the day before. What a laugh we had.

To all you expectant Mummys & Daddys out there take care & enjoy the moment cos things will never be the same again..........

Thanks for all your messages. I am actually starting to really enjoy being pregnant now - esp after the first endless weeks and weeks of resembling something out of The Exorcist :lol:

My poor friend was due last Sunday though and, after spending HOURS chatting to her today, I'm starting to feel a teeny bit apprehensive again... she sounds thoroughly fed up :eek: ... oh well, all worth it I'm told... :D

Oh crikey, after reading this i am BROODY!!!!!!!! :!:

I to loved all 3 of my pregnancies and even through their ups and downs, its well worth it in the end when you get to hold your newborn for the first time. My only advice is, dont blink, cause you'll miss it, kids grow up to fast.

chocolate said:
Oh crikey, after reading this i am BROODY!!!!!!!! :!:

I to loved all 3 of my pregnancies and even through their ups and downs, its well worth it in the end when you get to hold your newborn for the first time. My only advice is, dont blink, cause you'll miss it, kids grow up to fast.
EVERY1 KEEPS TELLING ME THIS, CHOCOLATE. I'VE NOTICED IT WITH MY GODCHILDREN, BUT I'M GUESSING I'LL NOTICE IT MORE WITH MY OWN... :eek:

its a lovely feeling when yu can feel the bump kick isnt it - i used to love the feeling and sit for hours playing with my bump just so it would kick back

aww! I want another baby!!!! I remember when mine used to lay on his side, you would see a big hump on th eright side of my tummy and it would ski slope down to the left and become flatter! For some reason he loved sleeping on the the right, it was like he was trying to push himself round into my spine! And the kicks! Hes the next Beckham!

I remember one scan i had he refussed to turn over so they could check his face, the women was saying come on baby turn round and have a piccie, and i sware to god, he stuck his finger up at her! Naughty baby!:o

Oh but i really do want another baby now! But we decide to wait for a couple of years because of work commitments.

God damn you work!

Lol - only just caught these last two posts - been on another planet for about a week ;)

Peter Pan - you're absolutely right, playing with the Bump is my new fave hobby!! Not to mention that it's now sexy boyfriend's favourite hobby... sometimes he seems so intrigued by the Bump that he seems to forget that I'm there (and attached :eek: !!) - whyohwhyohwhy can't I just leave the two of them alone to play sometimes?! hehehe :lol: Oh well, plenty of time for that when the baby's been born, I guess. :D

Luckybird - how old's your little boy? & don't go getting too broody... just get thinking back to those sleepless nights people keep telling me about... :eek:

PS - for those that are interested, my pregnant friend is STILL pregnant (now TWO weeks overdue :eek: and has gone into hospital last night to be induced this morning!! :eek: Poor love... No news yet, but will keep you all informed! :D )

Latest posts

Back