My eyebrows are falling out :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorganDazzle

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Iv popped over from the hair forum in the hope of a little advice.

In the past 4 weeks since my last eyebrow tint and threading, im developing bald patches in my brows.
Iv had blood tests as thyroid problems run in my family and I thought this may be the cause. The tests came back clear.

Im currently being weaned off long term medication for severe pnd, but my doctor doubts this to be the cause.

I use the HD brows palette to fill in the patches but im finding this rather distressing, as I loved my eyebrows.

I also take a multivitamin, biotin, kelp and zinc supplements.

I hope someone can help :(

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Are you getting bald patches anywhere else? It would be worth having a good look at your hair. Hit doesn't just fall out unless there's something wrong with it or the skin.

Don't forget if they do disappear there is still hope, you could get them semi-permenant make up -ly tattooed on :) x

Iv just been drying my hair and I think It is thinning :/ my hairline is suddenly looking rather sparse :( worrying even more now!!

my eyebrows fall out when i'm stressed, i'm not on any medication and no i'm not depressed, but whenever i get really busy or worry too much about something my eyebrows get really thin and horrible, even though they are still there they are patchy all the time now. i went to the doctors and he told me not to wear a helmet or baseball cap anymore... wtf??? what beautician that drives a vehicle wears a baseball cap or a helmet?? haha x

Iv just been drying my hair and I think It is thinning :/ my hairline is suddenly looking rather sparse :( worrying even more now!!

I'll be honest my first thought was alopecia maybe brought in by some sorta medication. I would read the side effects of anything you are on just in case x

my eyebrows fall out when i'm stressed, i'm not on any medication and no i'm not depressed, but whenever i get really busy or worry too much about something my eyebrows get really thin and horrible, even though they are still there they are patchy all the time now. i went to the doctors and he told me not to wear a helmet or baseball cap anymore... wtf??? what beautician that drives a vehicle wears a baseball cap or a helmet?? haha x

All my research on this particular subject has led me to the conclusion that stress is most often the cause of eyebrows or even just one eyebrow becoming thin and sparse.

They often become thin just on the back end of the brow but it can affect the whole brow.

The client I had with this problem (which led me to do my research) had just one very thin brow and it took 18 months to recover.

Hope this helps.

Jacqui xx

You say you had PND which implies you had a baby? I suffered severe hair loss after my baby boy but didn't start till he was 8 months. I went doctors and he explained that it was really common after the 6 month mark post partum to lose hair especially if you are breast feeding. It was at it's worse at 10 months old then just stopped. My eyelashes were thin and my hair line crept about two inches back! I had another baby two years ago and my hair started thining at 7 months old but stopped at about 9/10 months. Could it be post Partum related? I was told can happen up to 18 months after birth if you breast feed xx

Thanks for everyones advice, I really appreciate it. Im going to go back to see my doctor I think and ask for more tests to try and get to the bottom of this.

In reply to Charvey my youngest daughter is 2, but I have been on pnd medication since 2008 after the birth of my second child.
It has only been recently I have noticed the hair loss in my brows, but after checking today my hair is definitely thinning around my parting and hairline :(

I'd still be tempted to have your hormone levels checked. It sucks being a woman :-( and PND is horrible I had it after my first to the extent that it ended breaking my relationship up. Feel for you xxxx

Latest posts

Back