My first attempt at a crystal pedicure (done on my own ugly feet!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look lovely. Have you built up behind the gems like you would a gel nail or just a thin layer of gel all over and the crystals attached to the tips.

I have been considering doing something similar on my fingers but thought the crystals would probably catch on things if I didn't build the nail up into a gel extension.

Hello Baggybear,

I used a thin layer of gel all over :))

X

Wow they look lovely! Id love to offer this, im on the scatter crystal website, can you tell what exact crystals you use for this? theres lots of different catergories!
xxx

Wow they look lovely! Id love to offer this, im on the scatter crystal website, can you tell what exact crystals you use for this? theres lots of different catergories!
xxx

Hello,

I use a mixture but the smallest I use is ss5 and the largest ss7 it all depends on the clients toenails and the desired outcome! Any other info required please pm me x

I buy xilion Rose cut, NON-hotfix, flat backed, Swarovski crystals for my crystal pedicures. Heres a link to them on Scatter-crystals:

Flatback Crystals, Round, Non-Hotfix, Style 2028 Xilion Rose Cut

There are lots of sizes available.

Personally I use ss5 as I think it gives the best look. I have used larger ss6 & ss7 but I thought the gaps for the ss7 were just that little bit too big and there are no colours available in ss6 so I buy the ss5.

they look fantastic,which colour do you use ? its not easy to tell from the link which is the clear one

they look fantastic,which colour do you use ? its not easy to tell from the link which is the clear one

Sorry only just seeing this question ^.

I buy the colour 'crystal' which are clear with the silver backing (that they all have on them to reflect the light) :)

Do you think the crystals would suit shellac? i tried on my wedding ring finger, for added bling, and had four by the cuticle looked great but one fell off 4 days later, do u think shellac on toes would be enough to hold these little guys on? and how long do you qoute for the crystals staying on?

thanks guys!

Do you think the crystals would suit shellac? i tried on my wedding ring finger, for added bling, and had four by the cuticle looked great but one fell off 4 days later, do u think shellac on toes would be enough to hold these little guys on? and how long do you qoute for the crystals staying on?

thanks guys!

From other crystal pedicure threads it seems Shellac isn't the best thing to set the crystals in as they don't last as long as when they are set in gel or resin.

I quote that they last for 4 weeks & I use a soak off gel. I know they will last the 5/6 weeks looking fabulous too as long as a little care is taken.

hi baggybear thanks for your reply

Wow this looks great, ugly feet? I dont think so! :)

Latest posts

Back