my first attempt at watermarbling, and photographing nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessicawilli

Reaction score
They look really good :)

I haven't had a go at this yeat, I keep meaning to but never get around to it!

ok, i've had a lot of people look but no comments, does that mean that people think they are not good enough to comment on? why do so many other people's work get comments, I am prepared to take good and bad comments, that's why I posted them. :rolleyes:

I think they look pretty good(photo was a bit blurry) I love the look of marbled nails keep up the good work
Sam

yep I like them think they look fab

Ive actually tried to do marbling and find im crap at it just cant seem to master it
but you know what they say practice makes perfect
you have them down to a tee hun keep up the good work
cyber hugs
Deb x

I like the colours have you got anymore pics of these. Did you use the 'macro' setting on your camera? the pics will come out clearer then honey.

What colours did you use as they are very effective.

Take care xx

ive only tried it on a tip then i dipped my gnawwed bitten finger into the polish and it was such a mess!! paint all over my finger! put me rite of, is it meant to be this messy?
love the colours, purple and gold are favourites of mine, v sexy and vampy!!!

i will try and get some more pics done today, i will try a different setting and maybe just take a couple of pics of individual nails, colours i used are a silver chrome revlon and a cheap pink i got for $3. I was very impressed, I have only had them on for 3 days and I'm going to change them today, lol. I have an aquamarine dress to wear on the weekend and think I might marble black, silver and aqua for them.

jessicawilli said:
I might marble black, silver and aqua for them.

I like the sound of that look forward to seeing the pic :wink2:

Take care xx

Ok Im going to ask as I dont know how to do it but have seen lots of piccies and it looks very funky so can someone fill me in please

Thanx:o

very nice hun.
xxx

louge said:
Ok Im going to ask as I dont know how to do it but have seen lots of piccies and it looks very funky so can someone fill me in please

Thanx:o

Take a look at this, it is great fun doing it. Just don't move the varnish too much or it won't look as good.

http://www.oceasia.com.au/nail/focusmarble.html

Take care xx

ok last night i re-dine my nails with blue and silver, today i will take some pics and post them on here. Just gotta do some dreaded housework first, gotta love it don't ya.

I'm addicted to this watermarblin tho, it is so fast and easy which give u such a great turnout

well done hunny, even though they are a bit blurred they look good... i've not tried watermarbling yet, best i make it high on my list as i love the effect :hug:
lots of non-geeks look at the site and being as you used external links it's probable that a lot of people have viewed them that are non-members :) x

hi
i have just tried it never done it before its a lot messy, how did you do?
I got a little bowl of water and added a few drops of nail polish different colours of course, then i got pin and moved in cross direction then i i put my fingers in.
their you go fantastic funky nails, so easy better than the other nail art you can do, i will practice more now so i can do it on my clients nails

I like the way watermarbling looks on the nails :Love: ...& these piktures look SO GREAT!!!!...I've tried it once myself..but I havent sucseed..I'll keep trieng...:)

Q: Remove the excess nail polish while the tip is submerged.

This what the instructions say....how can you remove the excess while the nail is still submerged????????????? Am I being daft here or what???:o :confused: :confused:

Hi Marilyn,
What I do is submerge the finger into the polish/water, then with my other hand I twizzle (is that a word) my cocktail stick in the water/polish around the finger and it wraps up all the excess before you pull out your finger, thus avoiding that horrid 'gloop' that can cling on removing finger from the water.
Hth.

Might have go at that as the effect it stunning.:green: :green:

Hello, your nails look great! GOOD JOB! I have a suggestion for taking pictures if your intersted. I sell nail art and I know what your going through with the pictures. One suggestion I have is to take the picture on a higher setting on your digital and then crop it down this clears up the fuzziness. OR...I have also found that simply putting your hand on your scanner and scanning works great for showing all detail in clarity. I hope this helps. TrendyPrincess

http://TrendyPrincess.com

Latest posts

Back