My First Bride...YIKES!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelfacial

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am currently in Esthetics school for one more month, but have gotten my first bridal makeup client. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... use a primer? brand of eyelash adhesive (avaliable in US) ? trick to set makeup for the day?? Thank you all so much!!

Hi everyone! I am currently in Esthetics school for one more month, but have gotten my first bridal makeup client. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... use a primer? brand of eyelash adhesive (avaliable in US) ? trick to set makeup for the day?? Thank you all so much!!

Always use a primer
Do not use a base that has SPF in it
Take photos during trial so you can see how makeup reacts to photos
Use a translucent finishing powder
Brides tend to like a natural look so don't slap it on
Listen to your client to what she wants to achieve
Normally individual lashes work better on someone who hasn't had them before

Hth x

aphrodite - what primer do you recommend?

great advise, thank you so much for taking the time to respond!!!

I use the MAC primer and do loads of Bridal make ups find it really helps make up long lasting, good advice re taking a photo first I, sometimes when you do this the foundation can look alot paler, good luck x

Smashbox photo finish primer gets my vote
AMAZINGGGGG!!

I always sit them down for a few minutes before to take notes of what they usually wear, as this is when you will find out what they like/don't like. Some people have funny little quirks one bride didn't like any eyeliner or mascara on her lower lashes and you have to take this into account as they will automatically look at that area and think ohh!!

I'm liking Lancome La Base at the mo, and always on the hunt for a bargin have found out that the body shop do a very similiar version for less than half the price, testing on myself at the mo and its proving pretty good!

Always remember less is more, you can add more definition to the eyes etc but you can't take it away as easily

Good Luck!!

Latest posts

Back